• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Quality torx bit set for a wet GSA?

faukx

I am looking for a 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drive torx bit set that has all the necessary sizes for my '17 GSA. Preferably something between the $15 Harbor Freight set and the $350 Snap-On one in price and quality.

What set are you using? Do you like it?

Thanks!

I have used both Craftsman and Kobalt with out having any failures or noticeable wear. EXCEPT (of course) I did round over/damage/ruin a small, T10, screwdriver type by forcing it. Never had a "bit" type fail. These manufacturers sets are priced affordable and "lifetime" warranty. (Used Craftsman a few times over the years, Stanley is standing behind Sears made tools so far, and never used Kolbalt warranty).

GD

Last edited:
Wiha Tools

I am looking for a 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drive torx bit set that has all the necessary sizes for my '17 GSA. Preferably something between the $15 Harbor Freight set and the $350 Snap-On one in price and quality.

What set are you using? Do you like it?

Thanks!

All my torx stuff is from:

https://www.wihatools.com

I was shown the way to this outfit here in the forum by other members. Really good stuff with a price point about mid-way between those two.

Mark

Personal experience...
Get the Snapon.

I have purchased many multiple Tox bits and other fancy type bits from HF and have broken every one.

The worst was a bolt on the side of an engine that I had to take a torch to to get it out because the metal twisted then broke, lodged in the bolt.

The metal is a lower quality.
Remember that the tool is designed to fail before the bolt is. But the stuff from HF has been a huge disappointment.

I really like the wera tool sets. Very well designed and high quality. You can get very good deals if you use the German amazon site. Even after shipping the cost can be considerable lower that the prices in the US. The shipping is also pretty fast. You can switch the German site to English to help you. I learned that after I purchases a nice imperial ratchet set thinking it was metric.

I really like the wera tool sets. Very well designed and high quality. You can get very good deals if you use the German amazon site. Even after shipping the cost can be considerable lower that the prices in the US. The shipping is also pretty fast. You can switch the German site to English to help you. I learned that after I purchases a nice imperial ratchet set thinking it was metric.

I'd like to second the vote for Wera.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8MYMT2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eMtrCb7YFT4QK

Let's me do a lot around the bike, it's only the larger Torx for exhaust or frame I'd need to still Werafy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back