• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Lamble, I was going for the previous steel structure but you "photo blocked" me. That's Balboa Park, San Diego. The upside is I learned about John Middleton.

This is why I thought you might have been using Liverpool as the link, both the 9ft John and this glass house are relatively close to one another.
5ZZWffFHaieGMsUYwro2zw

I see the similarity. Happy to provide an excuse to ride. The Botanical Building is open air...no glass.

Built for the 1915-16 Exposition, along with the adjacent Lily Pond, the historic building is one of the largest lath structures in the world. The Botanical Building plantings include more than 2,100 permanent plants...

Was in London when I was 6 but haven't been to Liverpool. Hoping to fix that in the next couple years...Big John would be worth the trip.

I see the similarity. Happy to provide an excuse to ride. The Botanical Building is open air...no glass.

Built for the 1915-16 Exposition, along with the adjacent Lily Pond, the historic building is one of the largest lath structures in the world. The Botanical Building plantings include more than 2,100 permanent plants...

Was in London when I was 6 but haven't been to Liverpool. Hoping to fix that in the next couple years...Big John would be worth the trip.

SDC10441.JPG

In the same park is the bandstand..Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, bandstand.

And I could walk to Penny Lane in 15 minutes.

Gail,
tell your daughter that is a really cool shot...I guess she had time to do that some on y'alls trip! Helen said WOW!

I don't recall the name. But surely who ever created it was on their own page.

#3384. The rest of the Glen Curtiss bike.

Attachments

• 053DSC_0172.jpg
    053DSC_0172.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 145
Her's a couple from there

I took this one to give some perspective with the people on the observation platform.

561412670_SSctF-L.jpg

561414183_K9wfZ-L.jpg

It was August not as much green.

I took this one to give some perspective with the people on the observation platform.

Neat. In mine the dots in the water are fishermen in float tubes...

No need to say that pics don't capture the enormity.
At one time the flood water was 800 feet deep here.

Didn't get the 3422-23 transition but just went with it.

BTW.......

WAY 2 GO PENS :dance

Oh, and "Hey, Hossa ...... :nyah. You gotta be like :banghead."

Upon further reflection and staring at 3422/23 longer than is appropriate, or healthy, I submit these association possiblities:

• The newspaper on sale is the Big Bend Gazette. The train is Big Mike.
  • Both photos were taken on EarthÔǪduring the day.
  • The caf?® is OpenÔǪBig Mike is enclosedÔǪby iron fence.
  • There are hours of operation posted for both the caf?® and the museum.
  • ThereÔÇÖs a story about a train on page 4 of the Big Bend Gazette. :brow
I may have injured my arm with that reach.

Didn't get the 3422-23 transition but just went with it.

BTW.......

WAY 2 GO PENS :dance

Oh, and "Hey, Hossa ...... :nyah. You gotta be like :banghead."

If as indicated in the tag text at the top of the picture, the train is called Big Mike, then it follows from the newspaper, Big Bend...so I'd guess big is the link, although without the knowledge of the train's title, you'd not get it...and I'm only guessing.

Back