• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

If you have the time- Temple Grandin, Visual Thinking.

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
From C-Span.

Visual Thinking
Scientist and autism activist Temple Grandin described the ways humans think and learn and explained how visual thinkers play an important role in society. The Smithsonian Associates hosted this event.

A great commentary on the current skill-loss issue.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?523916-1/visual-thinking

If you have a skill, share it with someone and solve the problem.

The movie was great as well.

OM

Unsure about the primary school systems loss of teaching these skills but we have local "Career" centers who teach skills specific trades. Many of the locals have invented and made $$$$'s. The Dr. seems to be this generations Buckminster Fuller.

I never learned these manual skills in school; not even much in shop class in high school. I learned them from my parents, my older friends, and friends dads and big brothers. That said, the US Air Force and the CIA have both learned that accomplished computer gamers make the best drone pilots.

But as every generation since George Washington has affirmed, the next generation and the one after that have all been ruined by something.

Unsure about the primary school systems loss of teaching these skills but we have local "Career" centers who teach skills specific trades. Many of the locals have invented and made $$$$'s. The Dr. seems to be this generations Buckminster Fuller.

I still have the center-punch I turned and heat-treated in high school shop. Best and most durable striking tool I have ever used. Need to refresh my heat-treating skills for when I sharpen the moil-point for the jack-hammer.

OM

Too much emphasis on degrees of some sort and not enough on trades is the reason that I.E plumbers and electricians are making more in the workplace then someone with a degree and college debt….:deal

Too much emphasis on degrees of some sort and not enough on trades is the reason that I.E plumbers and electricians are making more in the workplace then someone with a degree and college debt….:deal

Average age of an electrician in MASS is 57. Who is going to reset the GFCI for the X-Box?

OM

Average age of an electrician in MASS is 57. Who is going to reset the GFCI for the X-Box?

OM

:rofl

Worse yet, back in the day while I was on Bookface people on the hometown page would ask how to hang a picture on a wall, or some even ask the UPS drivers if they can put the Ikea furniture together...... :ha

Back