• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Oil

I fear we haven't learned a thing from our recent economic troubles nor does it seem we learned much from the runup in gas prices just prior to that decline. Here we are, just a couple of years later, buying SUV's and putting purchases on our credit cards. :scratch I'm still baffled that GM had to discontinue manufacturing Saturns when they easily were one of the cheapest and most reliable, fuel efficient cars available, and if a neighbor's accident experience is any indication, darned safe, too.

Tom

Tom, you are right on target. Though I do believe we have learned one thing, and that is that the same people who profited from the 2007 crash are still calling the economic shots. If they can loot the US Treasury under Bush, why not under Obama, too? Seems that this is the case.

As I recall, though the economic forces that collided with Hitler took the violent route to resolution... Even the non-violent route pursued by Ghandi and King were not without violent consequences. A sad commentary on the human experiment.

If I could only show you the TV commercials that the OK and TX gas drilling companies are showing in PA. According to them, any issues with fracking and water wells were resolved long ago in TX and OK. Typically, the commercials end with some statement like ..... "we wouldn't foul our own water, would we?.

Are you saying they might be "spinning the story"?

Spinning the story, part 2: http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/02/pressure-grows-for-answers-on-fracking/?partner=rss&emc=rss

Back