• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New guy to BMW but not bikes

craz1

Craz1
Hi Im Wayne and recently traded my labor to restore a 1973 Z1900 for a 2005 K1200S with 2500 miles. In the the month or so I have put on just over 1000 and I am liking it. I have other bikes (10 in fact) including an 2013 FJR1300. While the K1200S is a nice bike the FJR is just a bit smoother. Just a different ride. I have already replaced the servo system with the RH unit, and also installed the reservoir type cam chain tensioner. Just waiting for the fuel sender to fail hopefully not soon. I'v soon my homework in this bike so I am well versed on it problems. Should be a great bike to ride for many miles.

Welcome craz1! Glad you are here. Would love to see a pic or two of the K1200S and maybe even a (bike) family portrait. You may need to use the wide angle lens...

Welcome to the forum.
How much does R H Electronics in Germany charge for the rebuilt unit?
Did Module Master in the US ever start repairing Servo units?
Now the important question, what color is your S :)

rh 4.jpeg
Welcome to the forum.
How much does R H Electronics in Germany charge for the rebuilt unit?
Did Module Master in the US ever start repairing Servo units?
Now the important question, what color is your S :)

The RH unit ran about $780 10 months ago. Module Masters said they are not rebuilding them. Too bad since i'm an hour away from them. I told my friend he would have to split the cost with me but I installed it.
The old unit and RH unit big photos? Still figuring out this system.

Attachments

• rh1.jpg
    rh1.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 56
big photos? Still figuring out this system.

When I reduce my pictures I use a width on landscape pictures of 1,000 to 1,100 pixels.
On portrait pictures I use a height around 750.
I use the little icon that looks like a tree and says "Insert Picture"

Welcome!

Welcome and congrats on the K bike, I had a similar one under my auspices [aka living in my garage] for a summer [a friend had moved and it was awaiting his retrieval].. and thoroughly enjoyed it. Love that Kwakka too, gorgeous.

Back