• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

More cleaning to come.

Just the first go round, more to come. When I first got the bike around '92 it was a cream puff. I kept it immaculate, I was so proud of it. What happened? It's on the road to recovery now. Called Marshall about why the R75/5 wasn't running. Said it had something to do with the NKG cap and cable. Old metal cap BMW wire installed and it run just fine; good for them.

Winter Blau last meeting tonight

The last shop meeting is tonight. Billy Hatcher is hosting. 413 Munroe at Danny Thomas BLVD. Across from the old Wonder Bread/ Hostess Bakery. 6:30 Pot Luck. This has been a great series for the gearheads in the Mid South. Downtown Memphis. I've never been to this shop and am looking forward to it. Hard to believe Daytona Bike Week is here.

Billy Hatcher in person

Picture 115.jpg
Billy, your Man Cave, bikes, cars, trucks; stuff is just awesome. Thanks for hosting the last Winter Blau meeting. You da man.

My Blah Garage

Now back to my own garage for the rest of the Blah Winter. Back to the K bike battery box. So fun and interesting. Blah, Blah, Blah. Phil Murrey 'Ground Hog Day' Battery Box Blues. I need a soulfull Blues guitar riff right now. Da Da Da Da Da. Get out to the garage. Da Da Da Da Da. Drag that Kbike out. Da Da Da Da Da. Fix that old battery box. Now the hold band comes in full vibrato Fix That Battery Box Blues. :dance 2nd verse. Fix the headline bucket. Now a little soft shoe shuffle, snap the finger. Da Da Da Da Da. ...........
Suck down some coffee, get out and finish the battery box. :brow

Picture 129.jpg
Don't lose your little rubber grommets that hold the ECU box. I've lost one of mine and used some temporary duck tape until I get anew one. There's 4 of them.
Picture 130.jpg

Picture 138.jpg
Battery installed . I etched the install date on the battery for future reference. I'll take the battery strap back out and strip and repaint it at a later date. Now back to more cleaning and detailing.

Picture 140.jpg
I stripped off the old adhesive that held the rubber cover protector and will get it properly reattached, shortly.

Total DisgusD

Started yesterday good. Got the battery box area somewhat clean, got the box installed. Everything was looking good. Started the bike; it ran good, was going to let it run a little more, then call it a day. Then the bike kinda misfired, stumbled, then more erratic idling. What now? Turn it off. Maybe a clogged fuel filter. Pulled the gas cap off and found a pinched internal gas line.
Picture 135.jpg
Picture 136.jpg
Cut and trimmed the offending piece then reattached. Started the bike, still running rough. Pulled the filter, and looked thru it. Looked clean. Fuel pump working. Still not running right. by now I tired and had enough. :scratch Great start to the day and a terrible ending.

Airhead bar mounts and bar backs

I'm still smarting on the bad running K-bike. Ran across a box of air head bar backs. They looked kind of neat. I generally don't run bar backs on my bikes and remove them from bikes I buy. I'm tall with long arms so I really don't need them. But those that like them or those who are short and need help reaching the bars, great. thought I would show them. Some I had never seen before. The ones I usually see look like a stick of butter. the problem with these is they usually ding up or scrape the tank on removal or install.
Picture 147.jpg
Stock set up on a R80/7
Picture 141.jpg
Being a machinist by trade, I didn't know there were so many different types. Kinda neat really.

Attachments

• Picture 141.jpg
    Picture 141.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 259
Back