• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Had a large time. Nice to visit Pat and see some racing Porsche heads. Years ago I refurbished a lot of heads for Pat, stock and racing. The heads I did helped Pat win a lot of races. Pat has a lot of stuff on the internet. Do a search of Pat Williams Racing, Pat Williams Porsche, Pat Williams German Auto. Pat built complete Porsche cars, engines, chassis's. He is a race team manager, race car driver, business manager, the complete package. Do a web search and watch him drive the cars he builds. Thx Pat.

Old K bike battery bolts, rubber mounted between the threaded ends. I think new ones are over priced. Went over to Fugitt Rubber Supply. They took one look, no not here. Called Marshall, 'come over, I got some'. Should have started at Marshall's first. Memphis's BMW parts guy.

Marshall showing off his R69US

Picture 054.jpg
Bike started on 2nd kick and it idled perfectly. I think the telescopic forks and the performance muffler and the sport tank and the raised white letter tires and the Hella turn signals and the solo seat and the chrome fork brace and all the other ands really make this bike look cool. Marshall your one cool dude. :thumb

Coletta's Italian Restaurant

Picture 072.jpg
Picture 071.jpg
Left Marshall's, realized I hadn't eaten all day. Decided I would go to one of my all time old favorites. Colletta's at 1063 S. Parkway East. Mid town off I-240.

4 Little Solutions

Picture 076.jpg
Picture 077.jpg
Gotta get the broken pieces outta the engine block. and the new pieces installed. Hard to believe little stuff like this holds up the process. When the new mounts are installed they will have some anti seize on the threads. Onward and forward.

Another Solution

Had a buddy call me about a work around to the rubber BMW mounts. Mercedes-Benz was the answer. Got 4 air pump bolts.
Picture 079.jpg
The new MB bolt on left and the used BMW battery bolt on right. A few days ago 4 broken bolts and a $100 solution, now 4 free used bolts or 4 new bolts at $8. Good to have buddies that helps a brother out, thx Guys.

Now back to cleaning, scrubbing, knuckle busting detailing until I run into the next crop of little aggravating stuff that drives me crazy. :)

I'm debating putting a Mercedes-Benz Three Sided Star in circle with Laurel Leaf sticker on my bike to honer my aftermarket accessory.

Broken Battery Box Studs

Picture 080.jpg
WD40 and vice grips. Couldn't seem to get them broken off studs to move. Hammer and chisel was the ticket.
Picture 083.jpg

Picture 087.jpg
Picture 088.jpg
Picture 090.jpg
Dirt, grunge, grime, just old nasty stuff. Sad. I'm going to have a talk with the owner about this.This is so pathetic.

Back