• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

RA National Harrison, Ar.

Picture 157.jpgPicture 156.jpg
Drove over to the rally on Highway 14, one of my favorite routes. Probably 100's of times. The shot of the river is White River. This was the ferry crossing at Oil Trough. Crossed here thousands 0f times; from the 1950's till it closed. Crossed it everyday to and from work between Batesville and Newport back in the late 60's-early 70's. Back then I hated it, now I wished I could go back in time just to ride it.

Attachments

• Picture 159.jpg
    Picture 159.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 262
Oil Trough Store

Picture 158.jpg
This store in Oil Trough has stood here my whole life. It was in operation when I used the ferry. Pretty much looked this way back in the day.

Salado Community Center

Picture 163.jpg
Picture 161.jpg
Back in 68--71, danced the night away here with all the county girls.:dance I lived in Batesville about 10 miles away. Sad to see it in this sad shape. Yes, all those girls looked like future Miss America's back in the day.

Batesville Motor Speedway

Picture 164.jpg
Picture 165.jpg
The track that made Mark Martin famous. I was long gone by the time this race track was built.

Court House Grounds

Picture 232.jpg
Back in the late 60's I attended the Folk Festival here. usually about 25,000 in a town of 1,000 After Woodstock in '69 the hippy's, yippies, flower children took over. a couple of 100,000 were there. I never seen anything like it. In the picture with the pavilion they had maybe 5 porta potties set up. They needed at least a 100. They were overflowing anda small river of urine flowed thru the courthouse square. Governor Bumpers and his ontourage walked true it ankle deep. They never looked down. Oh well, I had enough and didn't go back for many years.

Picture 203.jpgPicture 194.jpgPicture 191.jpg
The center pic is particularly interesting. Bing carbs on an oilhead. It also had an airhead European police fender.

Picture 225.jpg
Jayson hutson on his Dad's PD. His PD is in Denver getting a rebuilt driveshaft that failed on a ride out west earlier this year.

Picture 214.jpg
Jeff Hutson on GS and Don Quales on his K75. These guys are real riders. From Central America to north Alaska. I'm jealous.

Picture 189.jpg
Gary Longley and his nice GSPD. Gary get your drive shaft upgraded before it fails. Find out if you need the transmission circlip machined and installed. Ya ain't going to be to happy when your stranded in Timbukto. :violin

Old School Guuzi

Picture 202.jpgPicture 200.jpgPicture 201.jpg
Lee Kubicki is an old school rider and he matches the bike. Lee is a charter member of the Naturally Beemers and a past president. :wave

Saturday Nite Hoedown

Picture 223.jpgPicture 222.jpgPicture 221.jpg
Bottom pic. The George Brothers and Gal, They are personal friends of Otto Ising. They invited him to come on stage for a rendition of 'Sweet Home Alabama'. Otto, don't quit your day job. Otto is also a charter member of the Naturally Beemers and past president. The George Bros were extremely over the top good. Did I mention they were good. Yes, they were good. :dance

Back