• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Vintage Bike Show

Picture.jpg
Bike show at Grass Roots BMW 28 S. Spanish St. Downtown Cape. Sunday Sept. 20 9am-4pm. Swap Meet. There is also a vintage car show going on in Cape, so a lot of neat cars will be seen locally.

Bikes On Beale

Went last night, Wendesday Sept. 16. Really havn't been down there this Summer. Been out of town working. My brother and I went down and had a good time. Seen some cool bikes, visited with some of the regular group that allways come out. Number one question, where you been? Excellent night to be out, I really needed to see some bikes and riders I know. Probably about 1 more month of bike night, get out go while it lasts. Wendesday nights, Bikes on Beale St. Memphis, Tn. :thumb

4 local stores

There are 4 restaurants in the Memphis area. This was the one out east. 1740 North Germantown Pkwy. Corky's also sells frozen BBQ dinners at Krogers, their pretty good. They also ship world wide.

One more thing, I can only eat about 1/2 plate, but I like to get a full 2nd helping the next day. Wish we had a Corky's on my side of the river. Maybe one of these days.

Ron's R90

Picture 059.jpgPicture 057.jpg
Went over to check on a buddy of mine, who's been freshening up an R90. Plugs were fouled out, he installed a new set and it fired right up. I took mercury carb stix by so he could sink the carbs.

Picture 056.jpg
Picture 058.jpg
It'll be a nice runner. He traded out some car engine work for a paint job.

Attachments

• Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 229
Picture 069.jpg
Hard to see, but he's fabbed up and installed a 6 speed manual tranny. Top 2 speeds are overdriven, pretty unique. He's also fabbed up some nice pieces under the hood that were weak points on stock chevy's. Alot of the accessory mounts were pretty flimsey. he machined up some that were quite substantial.

Picture 066.jpgPicture 068.jpgPicture 065.jpg
Neat stuff, if your into old hot Chevy's. Alot of those attachment points were pretty weak and flimsy, Ron beefed them up, pretty slick. He's built and sold quite a few to the Chevy guys. Hope he gets around to restoring the complete car. He's allways building somebody else's cool car and not his own.

He's built a lot of unique parts and complete assemblies for a some over the top cars and motorcycles. The list is quite long. Drag cars and motorcycles have been the recipient of a lot of his work. Cool stuff.

About 30 years ago I was trying my hand at lacing up rims. Got it done and I was so proud, pattin myself on the back. Got to looking at the rim a little closer, there was a hairline crack around one of the dimples. Yikes, Terrible, Disaster. Took it all apart, ordered a new rim, turned the wheel lacing and trueing over to my buddy Leo. Got a perfect wheel and was on my way. Through the decrepid rim back in my pile of junk parts, forgot about it pretty much. Every once in awhile, I'd be rummageing around and run across it. Great, a good rim; no it's the cracked rim.

Last winter, I hooked up with Eddie and left him the rim. He called and said it was fixxed. Went by and picked it up.

Eddie's Shop

Picture 072.jpg
Picture 073.jpg
Picture 074.jpg
Eddie has a million projects going all that the same time. When your a master welder, fabricator, machinist, mechanic, it's endless.

Back