• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for someone to put eyes on a 2001 R1100RL

alke46

Hi all and first off, I apologize if this is not in the correct forum. I can move it if need be.
I am wondering if there are any members within the areas of Lincoln, Omaha, or Fremont Nebraska who would be willing to take a look at the bike in the title. I am trying to help out a friend who has this bike and his wife has asked me if I could find someone to assess the bike's value.

She would like to see me be the next owner but neither she or I have any knowledge of the value.

Her husband is a good friend of mine as we worked together for nearly 30 years and he is having issues with short term memory and hasn't ridden the bike in at least 2-3 years. Unfortunately, he left the gasoline in the tank the last time it was ridden and I know it needs to be removed but don't know if there are any other issues with the bike having been stored in his garage.

If anybody could help me with this issue I would appreciate it much.

Please send me a text to 402-618-3549 if you can advise further.

Thanks so much,

Larry

I'll be in the area the week of July 10th. I may not be able to give you a dollar value but I can certainly assess the condition of the bike.

I'll be in the area the week of July 10th. I may not be able to give you a dollar value but I can certainly assess the condition of the bike.

Thanks if you have time I would appreciate it. Send me a PM and I will give you my cell phone number.

Back