• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for Large Tail Bag Suggestions

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
I'm thinking I'd like a tail bag large enough for my helmet to fit in. I've searched online and couldn't really find anything. Am I looking for something that really doesn't exist? I know there are top cases that can fit a helmet, but I don't think I want something with hard sides. Does anybody know if there are tail bags large enough for a helmet? FYI, this would be for a 2018 R1200 GS.

SW-Motech is distributed mainly through Twisted Throttle in the US.

You might also look at RKA, they will be at the rally and make their bags in the US.

https://rka-luggage.com/

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking I'd like a tail bag large enough for my helmet to fit in. I've searched online and couldn't really find anything. Am I looking for something that really doesn't exist? I know there are top cases that can fit a helmet, but I don't think I want something with hard sides. Does anybody know if there are tail bags large enough for a helmet? FYI, this would be for a 2018 R1200 GS.

There are two tail bags from Ogio that I think will fit your needs and they are relatively inexpensive.

Ogio Tail Bag 1

Ogio Tail Bag 2

I am using Bag #1 on the back of my Honda CB500X that I ride in Europe. I chose it because it collapses when empty, which allows it to fit beneath my Giant Loop Great Basin bag, which carries all my stuff. Once I am situated in a location, I put my day-riding stuff in the Ogio. (Hopefully this makes sense?) I have not tested it with a helmet, but the bag holds a lot, is expandable, and I am confident a helmet would fit.

Bag #2 appears to be an updated version of Bag #1... and at $129, it's $20 more than the original.

This is not the world's most durable gear, but the basic construction is good, zippers are not the gnarliest, the bags have a number of convenient pockets, a stowable rain cover and simple straps to attach it securely to the GS rack.

Ian

Back