• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Honda Cub 60th Anniversary in 2018

I had a CB100 in that time frame as well....A step up from my Rupp. I got to do my first valve job as a result of pulling mean down-shifts....dropped a valve. :dunno
om

I had a CB100 in that time frame as well....A step up from my Rupp. I got to do my first valve job as a result of pulling mean down-shifts....dropped a valve. :dunno
om

Mine was originally owned by a 225 pound high school football player. Jumping on the kick starter, he snapped off the shaft, had no cash or skills, sold it to me cheap. I fixed it, but apparently left off a rubber spacer for the cam chain tensioner. It ran OK for about three miles before excess chain tension melted the cam into the aluminum head. Fixed it again and it was OK for a couple more years. I made some longish trips on back roads (90-120 miles), and a lot of grocery runs. Got brave and hopped on the freeway one day for about a three mile stretch. Got it up to a little over 60mph for about a mile and it just stopped - broken rocker arm. Walked it three miles back to my college room. Fixed it on my desk, and kept the speeds under 55 thereafter. Somewhere in there, I learned the hard way that over-tightening the carb mounting nuts would distort the carb body and cause the throttle to stick open. The bike was easy to fix, but the sprained ankle took a couple weeks. I think it had about 24,000 miles on it when sold. Still started first kick.

My Honda Dealer tells me that the 125cc Cub will be available in the US as a 2019 Model. I've been on the list since Feburary, well before the recent announcement. Heard it will be $3595 US (unconfirmed).
I'm still on the list.

I guess all those post cards I've been sending the Honda Motorcycle USA Headquarters,with a picture of the prototype, may have persuaded them to bring it here ! Not really, but, it was fun sending them. Do you really think an email would have nudged anybody to do anything.

So there.

Charlie

Back