• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help needed importing and running GPX files

tleonard

On my 22 RT when I try to import and run a gpx file the Connected app applies the navigation setting that I have chosen - for example winding or fast etc. and alters the route I have created. Is there a way to create and run a gpx file without it being changed by the Connected app? I'm not very swift with this navigation stuff so any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Where do you create the file? Does the program you use have different parameters or maps than the connected app?

On my 22 RT when I try to import and run a gpx file the Connected app applies the navigation setting that I have chosen - for example winding or fast etc. and alters the route I have created. Is there a way to create and run a gpx file without it being changed by the Connected app? I'm not very swift with this navigation stuff so any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

When you import the GPX, you'll have two choices, one with only a handful of waypoints, the other with a TON of points. Pick the one with a ton. That's the exact route you made. The other one will just pick the best route based on your route type selection (winding/fast) between the two points regardless of what you laid out in google maps or basecamp or whatever.

When you import the GPX, you'll have two choices, one with only a handful of waypoints, the other with a TON of points. Pick the one with a ton. That's the exact route you made. The other one will just pick the best route based on your route type selection (winding/fast) between the two points regardless of what you laid out in google maps or basecamp or whatever.

I spent most of yesterday messing with this thinking I was making an importing error, even though I was doing exactly what I had successfully done with my Nav 5 on my old bike. Yes, I was thrown off that the Connected app created 2 files from my one GPX file. As you said, one with 2 waypoints and another with the several waypoints that I placed when I created the original GPX file. Also, I had my navigation set to winding, so the Connected app created a winding path off of my GPX file. Changing the navigation setting to fast seems to make the Connected app stick to route I had planned. I guess - the fastest route between my waypoints would be my intended route?

Back