• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello all, from a potential new member...

cwebb3

My name is Chuck Webb. I’ve been a motorcyclist for 58 years, 25 of which were on BMW’s. It says something that I’ve only owned three BMW’s in that span, a ‘64 R69S, a ‘73 R75/5, and a ‘90 K100RS. I’ve ridden Harley’s for a total of 13 years and owned 6 of ‘em. I also owned a Ural with a sidecar for 10 years and I rode a GL1500 Gold Wing for 14 years, plus several other miscellaneous bikes. The math doesn’t add up because of overlaps.

I signed up for a trial membership because I’m thinking of buying a K75, and I wanted to do a little research on things to watch for in my quest. If I’m successful, I’ll convert to a full membership. I’m currently riding a Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec, which is plenty fast and handles well, but is not particularly comfortable on the wreckage of California roads. At my age, I need the comfort factor if I am to continue riding for a while longer. But a 900 lb. tourer is no longer a viable option due to a bad left knee.

I thank those in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience with others. I hope to be able to do the same.

Welcome from another newbie and trial member.
I purchased an 87 K75 and have been learning alot from the folks on the web site.

I encourage you to ask questions and research!

There is a great deal of solid information on the Flying Bricks that has been invaluable to me.

Good luck.

Welcome, Chuck! You've certainly done the gamut on motorcycles with a nice selection of BMWs thrown in. Some K75 Brick owners will be along to provide you their thoughts. About all I know is the K75 is a bit of a sleeper...smooth and relatively powerful.

Back