• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Canada

pmaloney

Hello,

I just bought a slightly used 2020 R1250RS. I'm getting back to sport touring after going to the cruiser world with a Kawasaki Vaquero for a few years.

My best bike previously was a 2014 Kawasaki Concours 1400 / GTR 1400 that I had purchased new. I traded that bike for a 2018 Vaquero because I thought that I wanted more comfort and less chances to lose my license. The Vaquero is a great cruiser and a wonderful bike, just not for me. I could never get really comfortable with the seating position even though it was a like a big slow cloud.

I fell in love with the R1250RS as soon as I pushed the start button. I had never been on a boxer before so the character was different than any inline or V I had ever owned. The first launch surprised me at just how quick it is, especially after docking my oil tanker of a Vaquero.

Anyway, I'm here to learn about this machine and share my experiences along the way.

Cheers,1.jpg
Pat

Agreed! A splendid wicked Beemer if there ever was one, Pat!

Mrs-HSV bought her R12RS off of the MOA Marketplace 15 mos ago... We managed 38 states in 2021. This year’s another story.

Hope U receive enuf solar radiation to enjoy that magnificent machine throughout the summer/fall of ‘22!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome to the MOA Forum from a Londoner! :clap

I'm in Brantford. You probably recognize Mark from Wolf BMW then. I'm very pleased with them and can't wait to pick up my bike. Fingers crossed for Friday.

Everyone else, thanks for the welcome. I tend to be pretty active on forums (my inner nerd), so see you on the board!

Cheers!

Back