• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great Customer Service

mclassing

I just had a great experience with J&M.

I have the BLU-277 Bluetooth headset and rider/passenger intercom cable so that my wife and I can communicate when riding together. On our last trip, the cable developed a bad connection.

I sent an e-mail on Sunday morning around 10 AM to inquire about the warranty process and received a response from the president John Lazzeroni in less than four hours telling me to send it to him for replacement.

On more than one occasion I've read folks slamming J&M for poor service, poor products, prices are too high, etc.

I have found their products to be top notch and have received nothing but top notch service from them. They aren't the cheapest, but you can pick up the phone and give them a call/send them a message and they'll be there for you. Can't say that about many companies these days.

I have had a similar experience with J&M. I had a damaged socket connector with a J&M helmet cable. It was out of warranty, but I wrote to the company to report the the issue and determine if a repair was possible. I was promptly contacted by the owner, John Lazzeroni who stated he had not seen this failure. On his request I sent him a photo of the cable socket. He asked how often this cable has been used and I replied quite often as I am an avid rider. His reply was a new cable would be sent free of charge and that he supported riders riding frequently. I considered this a class act worthy of my future business and positive review.

As a rule, I deal with Pete at J&M. Since my MIL [and now my wife who's there taking care of her Mom] lives in Tucson, I just drop in when I get that way if I need anything.

I can't say enough good about Pete and really, the whole crew over there. As others have experienced, I had a bad cable to the helmet. Spent more time visiting with Pete than I should have but the replacement was instant. Here's the old cable, here, take this new cable and done.

Granted, the J&M system isn't cheap. However, I've moved mine from one bike to another very easily and have gotten nothing but great service from the system.

My only comment would be that we riders would be better served with a unit that was waterproof - or at the least - water resistent. Having to put a condom over the radio is a pain in the butt when the weather goes south on you on a ride. I don't need to stop to keep myself dry, I shouldn't have to stop to keep my radio dry. I'm sure there are some kind of technological barriers to getting that done but I keep thinking "Garmin does it with the Zumo - J&M should be able to as well".

I really appreciate MAX BMWfor their service.

Talking about great customer service....

Just got back from the RA rally. Went all the way down the 1-90 from Toronto via Buffalo and exited at Troy. Almost immediately heard a clacking from the front end not more than a few miles from Max BMW.
Well within an hour I confirmed my diagnosis of steering head being loose. I could literally turn it by hand. Talk about lucky! Anyway it was fixed in an hour and a half for a terrific price and I went on in full confidence to have a wonderful weekend. I hope others have as much good service and good fortune as I got.

Back