• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Clearwater lights warranty service

We have had a lot of negative comments lately about poor company service, so I thought I would add a positive one. I bought a pair of the small Clearwater lights to mount on the fork of my R Nine T. Expensive, but I justify the premium because they are made in the U.S. Concerend about having enough slack for the suspension travel I allowed too much extra wiring to the lights. One of the cables slipped between the wheel and the fork. It tore up the cable and the short screwed up both lights. Sent them in to Clearwater hoping they could be repaired. A few weeks later I got a box from them with two new lights. ‘No charge, replaced under warranty’. It’s nice to know that sometimes you get what you pay for.

I bought a set of Darlas (complete kit for installation) and the customer service was awesome, from installation assistance to providing the proper brackets for the fender mount location after finding out I didn't order correctly so I didn't receive what was necessary for my application. Excellent product too. 👍

7 years and 150,000 miles on a 2016 RS and not one issue with the Darla's. Also have them installed on the 2022 RT.

I have Kristas on the bike and Darlas on the sidecar. The black anodized coating started wearing off the bezel on the Darlas after a couple of years. It didn’t bother me at all as my GSA was often covered in mud, but at the rally in Salem the vendor noticed. Glenn actually ran me down and insisted on replacing the bezels. No charge. He simply didn’t want his product looking like that

Have Darlas on BOTH my bikes since new .... 2016 RT and 2018 GS and both sets have been flawless! I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

QUESTION ..... Am I correct the Clearwater was sold and now has new owner? Glenn has always been great as have his techs

QUESTION ..... Am I correct the Clearwater was sold and now has new owner? Glenn has always been great as have his techs

An internet search indicated Simpson Performance Products purchased Clearwater Lights in January 2020. See link below.

An internet search indicated Simpson Performance Products purchased Clearwater Lights in January 2020. See link below.

Thanks. Let’s hope the quality of product and service does not change

Chuck Davies, CEO of Simpson, said, "We are excited about the addition of the Clearwater Lights brand to the Simpson portfolio and believe it to be a strong strategic fit with Simpson's mission of providing best-in-class safety gear for the motorsport industry. Partnering up with Glenn will lead to more innovation over all our product ranges and together we can get more people safer with Glenn's great lights."

Glenn was at the 2022 National.

Four years post ownership change and former owner apparently still present, would assume good potential for continuing quality products and customer support.

Interesting…. Simpson is really owned by a private equity firm ….. hmmmm.

NEW YORK, Jan. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Simpson Performance Products ("Simpson," "SPP" or the "Company"), a portfolio company of New York-based private equity firm, BRS & Co. ("BRS"), acquired Clearwater Lights ("Clearwater") from its founder, Glenn Stasky, who will become a senior member of the SPP team and continue to lead the Clearwater operation.

Back