• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting scuff marks off of vinyl motorcycle seats

What do you guys find suspicious?
OM

For starters - what I find to be an odd location for the dot in the middle of the word tube. None of my saved youtube links split youtu be into such two parts.

This is his first post. I'd start at new members and introduce myself before I proclaimed, "Hey guys" with quite this much familiarity. His profile contains not one whit of useful motorcycle related information.

Someone else can be brave and click on it and report back. Not me!

Guys, I've seen youtube use the ".be" many many times. I don't quite know the reason, but it's legit!

Found this online:

"when you see a youtu.be link it means it's the short form. It's just a function added for blogs and twitter so you don't max the message length with giant links."

So instead of http://www.youtube.com it becomes just http://youtu.be.

And the video is pretty interesting. Wonder if it would work on my starboard side pannier that has scuff marks from my boot hitting it when getting off the bike?

Hey Guys,

Here is a link to a video I just posted on a way to get scuff marks off the seats. It doesn't requires no chemicals. I've tried a lot of things but this actually works. Below is the link:

http://youtu.be/HpCDl01HECQ

Hey, welcome to the forum! Thanks for showing up with something useful. Kinda scary as usually a first post is someone PO'd cuz they found out they paid $2.00 more for an oil filter :D
For the nervous-
Thanks again.
Gary

And the video is pretty interesting. Wonder if it would work on my starboard side pannier that has scuff marks from my boot hitting it when getting off the bike?

Don't think so, probably only works on soft vinyl. Basically heating the vinyl by friction. I've had similar seat scuffs disappear just from sitting in the sunlight.

Don't think so, probably only works on soft vinyl. Basically heating the vinyl by friction. I've had similar seat scuffs disappear just from sitting in the sunlight.

Yep, you are right. The heat opens the cells in the vinyl allowing them to relax while cooling. A friend showed me a way to take scuffs out of hardwood, with a hockey puck. Worked awesome.

You guys and your hockey pucks...many uses it seems:lol

Yet, another reason why my neighbours to the south should be be grateful that that their neighbours to the north love the thought that our neighbours to the south think that their 80% content Canadian Hockey teams be all dat and sumeting too.

Next time you see your bike side stand sinking in the asphalt on a hot summer day, send me $1.00 for every time you wish you had a hockey puck. Send me $2.00 if you swear out loud and use my name.

The hockey puck rub does work and that makes 10,001 reasons why you should have, well, lots of hockey pucks around the house.

Makes me think of my dad telling me throughout adolescence;

"Pick your damned feet up" :)
Seems with old age comes a "I thought I had my leg up far enough" :gerg
I have some BMW Santiago Boots that are real nice. They come with a metal toe protector that slices everything within a 100' of me thinking of wearing them :brow Took 'em off.....much more betterer.
OM

Makes me think of my dad telling me throughout adolescence;

"Pick your damned feet up" :)

I was 17 when my sister got married. I was "in" the wedding. During the rehearsal as I walked down the aisle the minister shouted from the front of the church, "If you can't walk without doing that barnyard shuffle you are out of this wedding." I stiffened up for the real thing. :)

Back