• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fungus Amungus...Redwood Fungal Ride

threeflys said:
Here's a "motley crew" for sure:
41440022-M.jpg

This might have been when the sammiches showed up. :eat

It was great to meet and :blah with all of you

I think we have a new annual event.

see you there next year :wave

It's awesome to see the West Coasters hanging with the Midwest Clan. These forums are great for this kind of stuff to occur. Who'd of thought that a few years ago we were all complete strangers to each other.

Russ...great pics! Thanks for posting. Man that was some kind of packing with the cooler and all...lol...how did it corner up that high with ice?...lol

Great pictures! I think that giant redwoods are just about as cool as motorcycles.

Loraz - thanks for representing us Midwestern types. You behaved, right?? :)

boxergrrlie said:
Great pictures! I think that giant redwoods are just about as cool as motorcycles.

Loraz - thanks for representing us Midwestern types. You behaved, right?? :)

If I know Loraz, I highly have doubts that he did. :thumb

pudgypaintguy said:
Russ...great pics! Thanks for posting. Man that was some kind of packing with the cooler and all...lol...how did it corner up that high with ice?...lol

Hey Andy, maybe next year you can make it.

The cooler actually worked out very well, it's waterproof, crashproof, and it's about the perfect size to fit the back of a GS {Width and Length} (Mine has a short BestRest Cargoshelf, that helped with two of the straps, but not needed) Everything you see was relatively light, the WP (yellow) bag had a down sleeping bag and some warmies, (maybe 10lb), the cooler had my laptop, some food, and a Pendelton Fedora (Brown Hat) (Maybe 10lb). All the heavy stuff like a that liter of Scotch and camping fuel, stove, lantern, shovel and bike rescue stuff was low in the jesse bags.

So to answer the question, it made a very nice back rest, other than that I didn't know it was back there. Riding everything was at or below shoulder level so it didn't even catch the wind.

Ice was purchased locally and disposed in the AM, so I only carried it with 15lbs of ice for about 2-miles.

It twere a very nice color-matched top box.

Russ

Russ thanks...that sounds great...I like the backrest idea. I was riding my buddy's Valkyrie the other day after servicing it and the backrest makes a difference on the ride for sure. It took a 120 miles just to check out that I changed the oil and filters right for him...lol.

It sounds good for next year too...the Karoos go on this week for the winter fun to commence on mine... :D :D :D

Finally home. I had the most wonderful time, with some very amazing people in some amazing country. I cant describe how wonderful this trip has been. I will be putting up some of my pictures, and for anyone who hasnt been to the redwoods, it is such an emotional experience to see them, and know they are such anciet trees.

lorazepam said:
Finally home. I had the most wonderful time, with some very amazing people in some amazing country. I cant describe how wonderful this trip has been. I will be putting up some of my pictures, and for anyone who hasnt been to the redwoods, it is such an emotional experience to see them, and know they are such anciet trees.

Welcome home and glad you had a great time!

Ian

I was kicking myself for not taking any pictures. Thanks for the great picture display and commentary.

So.... When's the next one? :dunno Anyone like November?

Back