• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Front Fender Crooked

greybeard52

I changed my own tires about a month ago, and I noticed the front fender is aiming a little to the right. I turned the fork brace around, because William of boxer2valve showed how to put forks back on his R80RT and mine was on backwards. Not helpful. I took off all of the bolts holding the fender on and found a washer missing on the rear left side. I could have missed that when I loosened the brake calipers to get my wheel off and on the fork, when I changed the tire. I replaced the washer. No help. When I was younger and rode dirt bikes, if you knocked your front end out of alignment, we held the handlebar and kicked the front wheel to knock it back in alignment and hopped back on the bike. I prefer not to kick the front wheel of my Beemer.
Am I being too anal about the fender alignment? Any suggestions for getting it straight again would be appreciated. I did follow the manual’s recommendation of holding the front brake and pushing the front end up and down to check for stiction. Thanks, Bill

Attachments

• AA3AF609-6EFE-4920-BC1A-F92476874FDF.jpeg
    AA3AF609-6EFE-4920-BC1A-F92476874FDF.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 62
Back