• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Everyone still liking the Antigravity jump-packs and products?

OK, mine finally died, found out yesterday. It may have died earlier...
It was an XP-5, purchased in July of 2017 from California ("Harbor City") Harley.
A neighbor has one of those new super-high-performance Camaros (he’s gotten a couple of tickets already), but it sits in the driveway a lot; he uses his truck for work (electrical contractor). It wouldn’t start yesterday, so I whipped out my little AntiGravity MicroStart Mini ... no go, it was dead as a doornail, and a little swollen... I hadn’t checked it or recharged it in a while, but I got my money’s worth out of it anyway: it has started many of my neighbors’ cars, trucks, and vans over the years.
I'll buy another (XP-3) from them; all the others I've seen only come with a USB charging port, and I want one that I can plug into the wall.
https://antigravitybatteries.com/productline/micro-starts/

I didn't read their website closely enough (speaking of "dumb things" from the Wetheads thread) - Thanks for that!!! Guess I need to spring for the XP-1 instead.

On the XP-1 Generation One you need to use a dedicated charger. It does have the advantage of a outlet to run a air pump.

I don't know if the Generation One is still available.
Here's the Generation 2

Dang it!!! :banghead I'll have to ask 'em if they have any of the Gen 1s left.... sheesh...
Or I can get a USB Power Source at Best Buy...
Thanks for pointing that out.

Turns out they're based pretty close to me ... email sent... fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Dang it!!! :banghead I'll have to ask 'em if they have any of the Gen 1s left.... sheesh...
Or I can get a USB Power Source at Best Buy...
Thanks for pointing that out.

Turns out they're based pretty close to me ... email sent... fingers crossed...
You can use a cell phone charger to charge it.
The owner has been good about answering my emails in the past.

As an official luddite, I don't have a cell phone, let alone the charger for one...
I still use two tin cans and a string; makes long-distance calls interesting.
I also use my Boy Scout compass and Rand-McNally Road Atlas, no batteries required.

If I decide their prices are too high for what I want, or they just don't make it any more, I can get the battery at O'Reilly's Auto Parts and the charger at Best Buy.

Let me attempt to add some clarity here. The XP-3 I just bought came with a short set of clamps to attach to battery posts for jumping. It also came with a three-way USB-A adapter cable with USB-C, Micro-USB, and Apple Lightening connectors.

The device is charged by plugging a Micro-USB cable into its 5 Volt, 2 Amp "Input" port. The Micro-USB cable can be connected to a typical USB-A or USB-C "cube". As an alternative there are a number of plug-in-the-wall Micro-USB 5 volt charging devices around. I have one that came with an electric screwdriver that is a 5V 2A charger.

Here is a link to one such plug-in-the-wall charger as an example I found on Amazon.

Let me add that Zero Gravity also sells an accessory harness that can be connected directly to a battery to eliminate the need for using the clamps. This harness plugs directly into the XP-3 device. This harness allows only the one-way flow from the jump pack to the vehicle battery due to a diode built into the positive lead. So it serves as a built-in jump cable but not a power supply for other devices. I have installed these harnesses on both of our G310 bikes.

Fair warning. Despite instructions to the contrary I once abused my older Zero Gravity jump starter. I was riding my G310 when the battery suddenly shot craps with a broken cell connector. I coasted to the side of the road. I plugged in my Zero Gravity jump pack, started the bike, and used it to power the bike for the 21 mile ride home. By the instructions this was a super-no-no but I did it anyway. The device never held a charge like it was supposed to after that stunt, so I replaced it with a new XP-3. A lot cheaper than a tow. :)

Last edited:
You can use a cell phone charger to charge it.
The owner has been good about answering my emails in the past.
This reminds me to throw a maintenance charge in mine. :thumb
Done through the cigar lighter supplied cord into a power supply with the appropriate cigar feature.
OM

As an official luddite, I don't have a cell phone, let alone the charger for one...
I still use two tin cans and a string; makes long-distance calls interesting.
I also use my Boy Scout compass and Rand-McNally Road Atlas, no batteries required.

If I decide their prices are too high for what I want, or they just don't make it any more, I can get the battery at O'Reilly's Auto Parts and the charger at Best Buy.

I don't call myself that. I call myself "normal" simply because I am not one to jump on the bandwagon because a new product comes out. Besides, I use my technical skills/knowledge to determine if a product is of any use to me and most of the time they are a gimmick. I am also an advertizing exec's worst nightmare.

That said, I have a cell phone and nobody has the number. I have a GPS for track logging and photo marking, but I have a slew of maps because a GPS cannot replace maps if you want to find the really good roads.

But your tin can and string method? Don't you wish the earth was flat. LOL

Just be careful with those things.
I was trying to find out how a lithium battery could possibly deliver that much current and found this:

It doesn’t look like an AntiGravity product.
It doesn’t take much thought to understand that there is some electronic “trickery” going on to do what the jump pack does.
Still seems a lot more handy than carrying around a 40 pound battery- just in case.
OM

It doesn’t take much thought to understand that there is some electronic “trickery” going on to do what the jump pack does.
Still seems a lot more handy than carrying around a 40 pound battery- just in case.
OM
OM
Ebay style battery pack is what he mentioned. I doubt very seriously it's an anti gravity product. The casing doesn't look like anything they've made I've ever seem before.

Ebay style battery pack is what he mentioned. I doubt very seriously it's an anti gravity product. The casing doesn't look like anything they've made I've ever seem before.
Just trying to diffuse the negativity brownie. :bliss
Most any battery reacts poorly to being shorted.
OM

Most any battery reacts poorly to being shorted.
OM

And that is exactly why batteries should never be in your checked luggage when flying, even everyday batteries like an alkaline that I do not take a chance on.

Any battery should be in your carry-on luggage.

And the maximum allowable in an aircraft is a 100 Wh battery. Those lithium batteries are next to impossible to extinguish when they do catch fire. Just what I need in an aircraft.

Back