• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Everyone still liking the Antigravity jump-packs and products?

For many years I carried motorcycle jump cables. They worked good because we almost always had both of our bikes.
Around 2016 I thought it would be better to have a Anti Gravity jump pack for the few times I was on a day ride alone.
It's been bullet proof. Maybe I should try it out to be sure it works :)

View attachment 91153

Their rep told me to discharge it once every few month by charging a phone, mp3 etc, then charge the xp back up. I've been following that directive for two years now.

Man, I must be something wrong because in almost 32 years of BMW ownership and in almost 48 years of motorcycle ownership, I never needed to boost my motorcycles.

One time for me since 1977. 16 bikes between us.
One morning I used the jumper cables on Debbie's 1991 K75S at high elevation with the temps in the 20s.
The bike didn't start until I remembered to put the high altitude plug in.

Man, I must be something wrong because in almost 32 years of BMW ownership and in almost 48 years of motorcycle ownership, I never needed to boost my motorcycles.

When attempting to leave the Salt Lake City Rally, my battery was flat after being parked for seven days. Fortunately someone had jumper cables and a golf cart was available for a jump start.

Once home and looking for the problem, a relay was that was supposed to be closed when the bike was off, was in fact open and draining the battery. Relay was replaced. At home not a problem as each bike are on battery tenders when not being ridden.

Every since then when on a trip I carry a portable battery for jump starts. Although I have never had need for it’s use,I have used it to jumpstart two cars and one motorcycle.

Stuff sometimes happens that we don’t anticipate. I will be prepared if I ever encounter a dead battery again.

I took off to SC for the winter and although I had chargers for my two bikes, I left my older Chevy Silverado hooked up but no charger attached. I was planning on dis-connecting the battery but in the rush to get on the road, I left it connected.

Returned three months later to a completely dead (0 volts) battery. I hooked up my C-Tek 7002 charger and it wouldn't connect, so I decided to try using my XP-1 in boost mode to fire the motor and then let it idle for a while to charge the battery.

It worked! Motor (Chevy 5.3L V8) fired right up and let it idle for about 45 min.

That wasn't enough of a charge to re-start so I connected the C-Tek again and placed it into RECOND mode overnight.

Next morning the battery worked like new and has continued to work flawlessly for the last three weeks.

I'm a big C-Tek and Anti-Gravity fan

I carry an Anti-gravity Sport on our K1300S. It fits under the left side seat pod. It's never been used but I have used a NOCO GB40 from our Jeep to jump a 1968 Mustang, a work van, and a stranded Harley. These little boxes of energy really work!

I carry an Anti-gravity Sport on our K1300S. It fits under the left side seat pod. It's never been used but I have used a NOCO GB40 from our Jeep to jump a 1968 Mustang, a work van, and a stranded Harley. These little boxes of energy really work!

Last week NOCO was sponsoring a NASCAR race. Sounds like they are real. :thumb

OM

Check out the xp-10

On the XP-20, https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/micro-starts/xp-20/

I find this-

Multiple Charging Ports for your Electronics!

Type-C PD 100 Watt INPUT/OUTPUT Port
USB-A (QC3.0) OUTPUT Port
USB-A OUTPUT Port
DC (15V/10A) OUTPUT Port – use for 12v devices

A 15V10A output port to use for 12V devices? :scratch

Seems odd as more DC voltage devices are harmed by over voltage than under voltage.

I was sorta looking for something that a cigar lighter type adapter could be hooked to to power some portable electronics as well as the jump feature.

OM
I see the xp-10 has a cigarette lighter plug in the kit

I've got a Noco that will start anything in our house. It's also handy for recharging stuff via its USB-C output.

It's great. Would buy another.

I am using their Anti-gravity Battery Monitoring device for my 2013 Nissan Leaf, 2001 Subaru Forester and 2010 R1200RT. I don't think there is enough space on my G310R to hide the monitoring device. I like it as it gathers data of the battery voltage 24/7 and stores the information until I connect via Bluetooth from my cell phone to collect the data.

From an E-Mail blast at ADV, Antigravity is having a 30% off sale for the Labor Day weekend.

Ordering is a little weird if you don't have a PayPal account. They have you go through it but you can un-check the box and stop creating a PayPal account- mid-stream. :scratch To checkout, hit the PayPay button.

It appears that AG's service is run through PayPal. Maybe PP's merchant services are easier for them. :dunno

30% off is pretty good deal- ifin' you were thinking of one.

OM

Apparently they don't last more than about 5 years...

This was last used about a month ago. Worked fine to jump a dead motorcycle battery. Recharged in on the workbench and then took it off when charged. Yesterday found it bulged out in this condition. I talked to tech support but they dropped the chat so no stars from me. Honestly, I don't know but seems to me I read somewhere that they may not be good for more than about five years.

Attachments

• IMG_4925.jpg
    IMG_4925.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 643
I was hoping for 5 years. It has a battery and a lifespan…….and a bunch of capacitors (?) to achieve what it does. I’m hoping it works out better than a conventional jump-start set up.
OM

As far as I know they all do that eventually (swell). If you are outside the warranty period and you contact Antigravity support they will send you a warranty claim form that you can fill out and submit and then they will sell you a new one for 40% off. I assume inside the warranty period they would just send you a free replacement.

Their FAQ lists some causes for the swelling (below), but I remember when I looked into it when mine had that issue there were a lot of anecdotal reports from folks that claimed not to have done any of these things and they still had the swelling issue.

The cause of the Micro-Start swelling is typically due to one of the following:

1. Being kept in an environment that is very hot such as the interior of a car or on the dashboard of the car.

2. The product was overused, for example used to start a very difficult to start motor, or a motor larger than it was intended to start, or potentially used multiple times in a row. (If you need to use it multiple times in a row, let it cool between starts.)

3. The product was over-discharged or not used for a very long time, for example 8 months to a year, and has overcharged itself but was then put on the charger to recharge.

NOTE: If swelling occurred, do not use the product any longer. If it is under warranty you can submit a claim form and send pictures to us of the swelling effect. But you will need to take the product to a recycling center. You cannot send it back to us as it is illegal to ship a damaged battery product through the mail.

Source - https://antigravitybatteries.com/help-center/faq/micro-start-pps/#pps-issues-faq

Living in NM, we've been seeing daily temps well over 105°, 105° being the average heat of the day during the end of June and through August. Just guessing but I think my garage [uninsulated and a black tarpaper roof] was hitting @ 115° or better during the hotter months.

This thread reminded me it would be a good idea to check my "Sport" to see how it was doing, as well as time for a recharge. Plugging it in, it only took @ five minutes to top it off.

The charge state was 90 [only one LED not lit] and the unit itself was fairly cool to the touch.

Only problem in this case, was getting my old ass out to the garage to get a look at it.... :p

This was last used about a month ago. Worked fine to jump a dead motorcycle battery. Recharged in on the workbench and then took it off when charged. Yesterday found it bulged out in this condition. I talked to tech support but they dropped the chat so no stars from me. Honestly, I don't know but seems to me I read somewhere that they may not be good for more than about five years.

The xp-3 I gave my brother is 7 years old and its just fine.

You need to check the charge every two month, charge you phone or mp3 with it, then fully recharge it. That's per their guidance and that's how his has been maintained for 7 years.

I just picked up two xp-1's on a 30% discount from 149.00 [ I get their sales emails

Well, just had the chance to use the jump-pack. It started a 4-B Cummins diesel that hadn’t been started in a few months that had a low battery.

More convenient than running power and a charger or vehicle with jumper cables. So far, so good. :thumb

OM

Well, just had the chance to use the jump-pack. It started a 4-B Cummins diesel that hadn’t been started in a few months that had a low battery.

More convenient than running power and a charger or vehicle with jumper cables. So far, so good. :thumb

OM

Which one did you use?

Back