• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

EnDuraLast 4 High Output Charging System (450w)- Any Failures??

tlangman4

Hey Everyone!

I’m interested in purchasing the EnDuraLast 4 High Output Charging System (450w) for my ‘78 R100. I’m interested in hearing from anyone who purchased the unit and may have had problems with it. Seems a very good alternative to the stock set up, but no idea of the reliability of it. Il take a stab and assume a regulator/ rectifier is a key part of the system given the juice generated by the unit.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Tom

Since the info is many years old, I am hopeful that someone can provide an update regarding the ongoing reliability of the Enduralast 450 watt permanent magnet system from EME. Fingers crossed the long term reviews are good..!
Tom, I installed the system on my '75 R90S several years ago. It's been completely reliable, no problems whatsoever. The new system has some upgrades over the previous system that I installed.

I purchased one during EME's Christmas sale and have been happy with it. The voltage regulator/rectifier is mounted in place of the original regulator, under the tank per the instructions. I'm hoping there won't be any heat issues during the warmer months from it being out of the main air flow.
Also bought their electronic ignition that is paired to the alternator.

Back