• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dominator exhaust

Sure, you can adjust the BBSs... as long as you use a gauge to watch the vacuum balance.

hey guys, made a bracket which has lowered the exaust away from the bottom of my left pannier , so with open baffle db killer installed idle was a little higher at 1500 rpm ,now with the closed end hard baffle runs good sounds like a GS to my mind but idle is lower 1000 and slightly above, and faultering, can i adjust the BBS to get to run smoother thanks as always in advance Jimmy:thumb

Glad it's quieter for you. Yes, you need a vacuum gauge to properly balance your throttle bodies. There is something else I did to smooth things out but I can't recall the details. Anyway you need to properly balance those TBs.

Oh, I remember now! I ordered a new set of balanced fuel injectors from a guy in Germany and they did make a noticeable difference in smoothness especially at idle. I will look for the info and post later. I'm having a bit of back problems at the moment so it's hard for me to get around. Got diagnosed yesterday with arthritis in my hips and degenerative spine disease with two slightly damaged discs S1 and S2. This has hampered my mobility somewhat but I'm drugged up and had a good night last night so I'll be alright. Doc nicely told me yesterday that this is typical for a guy my age and it could be a lot worse. last two days have been absolutely miserable but had a good drugged up night last night and feel pretty good this AM.:clap.

Euro Moto Electrics and Beemer Boneyard also sell sets of matched EV14 injectors if you'd rather order them from here in the States. Same Bosch injector part, but each seller has their own flavor of mounting hardware for adapting them to Oilhead throttle bodies.

Beemer Boneyard offers a 10% discount on everything for MOA members.

big thanks,

Hey Guys, big thanks to all who are trying to help, special big thanks to jammes, wish you all the best for the future, im 75 next month and starting to feel it, Ive had both knees replaced (old forklift tech ) paying for it now , they say the hips are next to go, something to look forward to, on going back problems most of my working life, arthritice in my thumbs and knuckles , fell off my deck last year cracked 3 ribs and dislocated my left shoulder , still not right, keep taking the tablets, so kina know what your going through , to top it all off my wife and riding partner of 52 years is now in a home with dementia, doesnt know me , but glad to see me when i visit almost every day, heart break, no memories of all the years and many thousands of miles travelled, sad, Well back to bike ,was happy with bike performance with loud baffle with ends folded over , just too noisy idle a little higher than before 1500 but smooth , now with quieter " hard "baffle in settles in around 1100 and falters so i have to blip the throttle , at traffic lights , very un bmw like, can live with it , dont really want to remove all the tupperware now as im off to Ireland on the 27th aug , my friend has lost his wife of 55 years, went on our honey moon together to isle of man TT my other friend just had open heart surgery , guess were all at that age, renting a bike for 24 days , going to north coast of Scotland and then back on ferry , then to west coast of Ireland attending BMW club UK rally on the way , so enjoying the bike with new exhaust , deep note ,even think its better on fuel, bonus, in these times,even more expensive in UK, so thanks , to all Ive been a MOA member since emigrating to Canada in 1980, so 43 years this year riding BMW,s since 1975 , must say BMW owners are the best, both here in N America and UK, like family ,thanks again, ride safe will keep you posted Jimmy:ca

Back