• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Coming back over for a little ride

codcutter

The time has now come to put my "other" GS1150 to good use
Flying in to Seattle on 28th June, spend a couple of days with my mate in Sequim while I service and farkle the bike.
Plan on leaving Sequim on 1st July and riding to Fairbanks (route undecided but will probably ride the Alcan just to cross it off a list:) )

Sunday 10th July Phone home to wish the wife Happy Birthday, then meet up with a group of fellow Brits who have flown their bikes into Anchorage for this trip (organised by Unchained Tours)
Monday 11th July Check bikes and Dalton Hwy to Wiseman
Tuesday 12th July Wiseman to Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse) and back again
Wednesday 13th July Dalton Highway back to Fairbanks
Thursday 14th July Chenai Hot Springs
Friday 15th July Back to Anchorage
Saturday 16th July Day off
Sunday 17th July Hwy 1 through Kenai Peninsular
Monday 18th July Kenai
Tuesday 19th July Denali National Park
Wednesday 20th July Hwy 8 Denali Highway
Thursday 21st July Top of the World Hwy to Dawson City
Friday 22nd July Klondike Hwy
Saturday 23rd July Haines Hwy
Sunday 24th July Ferry across to Skagway and day off
Monday 25th July Alcan Highway
Tuesday 26th July Cassiar Hwy to Hyder
Wednesday 27th July Salmon Tail Glacier
Thursday 28th July Hwy 37 and Hwy 16 through BC
Friday 29th July Hwy 16 and Mt Robson
Saturday 30th July Icefields Pky & Athabasca Glacier
Sunday 31st July Across Southern British Columbia
Monday 1st August Through border and Washington Cascades
Tuesday 2nd August Mt St Helens
Wednesday 3rd August Crater lake
Thursday 4th August Great Central CA roads and Giant Redwoods
Friday 5th August Pacific Coast Hwy to Santa Rosa

Some of the guys then fly home, myself and a couple of others will have a week off, get new tyres bike service etc. and then do this

Sunday 15th August PCH Hwy 1 Giant Redwoods
Monday 16th August Fantastic riding via Mad River
Tuesday 17th August Crater Lake
Wednesday 18th August Lost Highway 50
Thursday 19th August Bonneville Salt Flats
Friday 20th August Hwy 6
Saturday 21st August Exploring Moab
Sunday 22nd August Exploring Moab
Monday 23rd August l41 through Telluride
Tuesday 24th August Million Dollar Hwy Monument Valley
Wednesday 25th August Moki Dugway To Bryce
Thursday 26th August Northern Rim Grand Canyon
Friday 27th August Zion National Park
Saturday 28th August Hoover dam / Lake Mead
Sunday 29th August Death Valley
Monday 30th August Bodie Ghost Town
Tuesday 31st August Yosemite National Park
Wednesday 1st September Sequoia and Kings Canyon
Thursday 2nd September Hwy 128 and Carmel Valley Byway to Monterey
Friday 3rd September Skyline Boulevard, Alices Restaurant and Golden gate to Santa Rosa
Saturday 4th September The rest of the guys fly home while I Head back to Sequim (this will be a straight slog up the interstate)

Hopefully get to spend a couple of days with my mate and his family before flying home on the 7th September

Any thoughts??:D[

Last edited:
Sounds like a fantastic plan...No planned down days?

I don't mind every day on the bike, sometimes travel mates may not. We always build in a few off days just to cover any unplanned events. The plan on paper always can be tweaked for us.

:doh just saw at least one day off in your plans

See you in Alaska in July. I'll be making my way down though. Taking the TCAT out to NY for the rallY. Just got stuck in Flagstaff by a late spring snow storm.

Sounds like a fantastic plan...No planned down days?

I don't mind every day on the bike, sometimes travel mates may not. We always build in a few off days just to cover any unplanned events. The plan on paper always can be tweaked for us.

:doh just saw at least one day off in your plans

Hoping to get a couple of days when I get to Fairbanks, then we have a couple of days on the trip south, A week in Santa Rosa but I might nip over to Joshua Tree for a day or two to see the guy that sold me the 1150. Then 2 days in the second half of the trip.

See you in Alaska in July. I'll be making my way down though. Taking the TCAT out to NY for the rallY. Just got stuck in Flagstaff by a late spring snow storm.

If you do see us,stop and say hi:wave, I'll b e on a WA plate 1150 with a bunch of brits with strange plates (black letters & numbers on a yellow background):thumb

Back