• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island

bobs98

Hey Chromehead !
Hi all,

Missed the MOA Rally in Wyoming, but had a great trip to Cape Breton and PEI during that week. Finished up by meeting a bunch of other Chromeheads near Binghamton, NY for the second annual Ramblin' Pig-Out gathering on July 19.

I posted a ride report on the Chromeheads site, and provide a link here, as there are lots of pictures embedded, and I don't have one of those picture hosting accounts.

Here was my first post, under a different title, 4 weeks before departure:

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:20 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know its a little early, but since I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks, I might as well get started.

Our Brain Flush annual trip departs on Thursday afternoon, July 10. Planned itinerary takes us to Old Saybrook, CT that night. We plan to tour the Gillette Castle near East Haddam on Friday morning before heading north for overnight in Bar Harbor ME. There will be six of us up to this point.

Jack and I will be joined by Koinz for this year's adventure, taking the land route, up the coast of Maine and New Brunswick, the Bay of Fundy and into Nova Scotia. Overnight Saturday along the north coast (Sunrise Trail) before hitting Cape Breton on Sunday. We plan on riding clockwise around the Cape; Ceilidh, Cabot and Marconi Trails. Stop at Glenora Distillery an the way to Ingonish before Port Hastings on Monday night.

Plan to loop around PEI on Tuesday after getting there via ferry and off the island via the Confederation Bridge, staying somewhere on Tuesday night. Wednesday will be a long haul to Lewiston ME via Rt 9 and US 202. Thursday will take us thru New Hampshire via Kancamagus Hwy and Vermont Rt 100 to Rt 125. Down thru Lake George NY and backroads to Unadilla NY that night.

This will be a great trip, close to 3000 miles before meeting everyone for the Ramblin' Pig-Out 2 on Saturday July 19.

Only 4 weeks until departure. Woo Hoo !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You can check out the rest of the report here, if you like. http://www.chromeheads.org/discus/messages/8/377850.html?1219368381

Click on the "Archive" at the top left to get to the beginning. I have to warn you, it is long, but quite a few pics.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing and riding it.

Last edited:
Most excellent report Bob. Didn't get all the way through it - work seems to be getting in the way:laugh but'll finish it tonight. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Excellent! Maybe you are inspired to take in next year's Salty Fog Rally in Nova Scotia (once all the ducks get back in a row!!) Again, thanks for the report. -Bob

Terence and Bob, we had a great time!

As for next year's Salty Fog, all depends on timing. Love the ride up in Nova Scotia! Looking to be in TN for the rally as part of next year's ride. Then continuing on to Arkansas to meet family reunion. That will be a 15 or 16 day trip by the time I get home.

Definitely not enough time available to do all the riding that I want to.

Back