• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Motorrad Concept 6

In there efforts to attract women and inseam challenged men to their line, BMW started offer lowered versions of just about everything this year. I would suspect the new LT will also have this option.

You wouldn't want it too low otherwise it will qualify as a Medicare mobility chair just like the GL and the Wideglide currently do. :whistle

http://www.motoplus.nl/Frontend/news.php?page_id=4762

text translation.......

BMW spotted!
Home / News / New BMW spotted!
05 July 2010 (Last update: 06 July 2010)

Friday was Motoplus editor Eric Bulsink as one of the very first new six-cylinder BMW K1600GT and GTL with their own eyes the development department of BMW in Munich. Unfortunately he was camera phone to hand, so no pictures could be made. However, he received several technical details and design drawings that, but unfortunately no pictures of the entire machine. Moto Plus reader Jos Dingenen read the news about the new Moto Plus sixes on the site and what sets his surprise when he last weekend in the French Alps three BMW test drivers caught, who were on the K1600's! Despite the German curses and the men made haste to drive away, with his phone Jos could just shoot a few pictures, we show you here. Wednesday, July 14 read the complete story of the latest BMW Motorcycles Plus in 1914.

view larger photos on the linked article page....

thumbnail3.php

thumbnail3.php

Would love to compare.......especially before I retire next year! Those who claim the GL1800 to be a medicare mobility chair (jokingly, I'm sure) should watch the youtube video of YellowWolf on the Tail of the Dragon. Would certainly consider switching back to a BMW if it could offer similar performance, plus all the amenities of my Wing (and hopefully a redesigned FD). Can't wait to see it. :)

I anticipate all the posts on how to fit the 1600 version of the final drive to the R12000/K1300 bikes. BMW might as well up-grade them all and get it all over with now.

Rod

Back