• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Motorrad Advisory: Stop Riding Your 2014 R1200RT

It's over (almost)

No shock delivery today.
My shock will ship on Monday via overnight express.

What happened:
When the dealer got the list on Tuesday I wasn't on it. None of the bikes they sold are on it. They sent a note to the email indicated in the email for corrections. Nothing the next day so they escalated to the Area Rep. Area Rep replied with another email address to reply to which bounced. Another email to the Area Rep telling them about the bad address and to please forward the corrections to the proper person. TODAY they received another email from the Area Rep with the proper email address. They sent off the corrections and within an hour got the response that the shock would ship on Monday.

I would have had my bike back had the Area Rep done her job but she chose not to. It is because of this ONE individual that I have had this bad experience. The original list to verify the bikes sent to the dealer was from this Rep, TWO WEEKS AGO.

Bottom line, I leave on a short vacation this weekend without my bike. When I return it should be ready to go and I was told I'll have my check.

The END!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it has been interesting to see everyone's interpretation of the release. If I did have $2,500 staring me in the face, I think I would ask an attorney to explain to me exactly what rights I would be giving up before I made a decision to walk away from the money.

No shock still...

I'm #493 on the list and, per the email notice, the dealer was supposed to have the shock yesterday. It did not arrive. It didn't arrive today either. No one at the dealer or CS can answer if the shock has shipped or when it might be expected. My biggest fear is that they've run out of replacements before they got to all on the list. As throughout this debacle, no one knows anything. :banghead

I'm #493 on the list and, per the email notice, the dealer was supposed to have the shock yesterday. It did not arrive. It didn't arrive today either. No one at the dealer or CS can answer if the shock has shipped or when it might be expected. My biggest fear is that they've run out of replacements before they got to all on the list. As throughout this debacle, no one knows anything. :banghead
I've been told, from several people, there are enough shocks in the US to repair them all.

It seems the Area Rep has the keys to the kingdom and can answer the questions or get the answers. It's too bad their track record in my experience has been sub par.

I Feel The Pain

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Rockbottom?

What happened to Rockbottom?

All his posts have been purged but still visible as quoted.

Just curious.

Greg

Love the picture of #507! I needed a laugh today. It depicts how many of us feel at this point.

My 1200RT has been on the factory floor for the past 2 weeks listed as "production complete." The sales rep informed me two days ago that the bike was finally coded for "transit". I hope this means the new shock made it into the bike at the factory. I cringe at the thought that the bike will be delivered to the dealer and then be told I am on the waiting list for the new shock. I can only hope that BMW is clearing out the 2014 1200RT's in the production pipeline with new shocks. I sold my other metric bike to buy the BMW. I am working on 3 months without a bike and the summer is slipping away.

L Lee
Culpeper VA

Hang in there, it will be over soon..

Picked mine up Thursday afternoon, I've only been able to ride about 300 miles since but I am so happy that I didn't trade her (and I thought about it) for something else. I know I would have regretted it in the long run. This is truly a great ride. I feel very fortunate to be one of the lucky ones to own one.:dance

Back in action

Got mine from the shop today and took the wife out to dinner and a nice evening ride in the mountains. Fantastic! :dance

"My Attorney"

Haven't heard of anyone actually refusing to sign "release" for the $2,500.00 option. If ya did, did attorney read it first and then say..."Don't sign it and forfeit $$$ or sign it and get $$$$...that will be $150.00 for the opinion, please." Just wonder if reality set in or it's really the "principle" of it all?

Last edited:
Marc Cook's column on this subject

Marc Cook's column on this subject in Motorcyclist

Attachments

• motorcyclist marc cook.jpg
    motorcyclist marc cook.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 197
Have so many deleted their posts we've lost 2 pages ? :scratch
OM

Well, as Greg noticed, all of rockbottom's posts disappeared, except as quoted in replies. I could not reach the Flea Market part of last night, and the entire site was down this morning.

We do seem to attract more than our fair share of gremlins...

Or posters belatedly trying to comply with non-disclosure agreements?

Well, as Greg noticed, all of rockbottom's posts disappeared, except as quoted in replies.
Yeah RB seems to do that a lot, must have something to do with that kluse score he mentioned.
I could not reach the Flea Market part of last night, and the entire site was down this morning.

We do seem to attract more than our fair share of gremlins...
We are trying to figure out what's up with that and a couple of other 'tings.

Or posters belatedly trying to comply with non-disclosure agreements?
:dunno Once it's "out there" it's stuck to the bathroom wall of cyberspace for all to see ;)
OM

Goody Gumdrops! My dealer just called and they have my shock. I'll drop the bike off tomorrow evening and get the new shock installed, along with the 600 mile service, as well as the software update for the shift assist.

As stated above, My shock came in yesterday and they are working on it as I type. I returned from my "mini vacation" this afternoon so I get my bike back tomorrow (doing 1st service too).

We'll see what kind of waiver I have to sign ;)

Just in time for the return of a few days of 100 degree heat :banghead

How Appropriate -Enjoy

I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly Jimson weed
Back in the saddle again
Ridin' the range once more
Totin' my old 44
Where you sleep out every night
And the only law is right
Back in the saddle again
Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
Rockin' to and fro
Back in the saddle again
Whoopi-ty-aye-yay
I go my way
Back in the saddle again
I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly Jimson weed
Back in the saddle again
Ridin' the range once more
Totin' my old 44
Where you sleep out every night
And the only law is right
Back in the saddle again
Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
Rockin' to and fro
Back in the saddle again
Whoopi-ty-aye-yay
I go my way
Back in the saddle again

By: Gene Autry

mine is done---no paperwork

My dealer called me on the 20th and I picked it up on the 21st. He gave me no paperwork at all---NOTHING. He advised he would send the paperwork in and I would get my check in the mail. He said when he gets paid I get paid. He has the personalty of a convicted rock, but I am stuck and must go there. Not a whole lot of options. I have since sent a E-mail to BME north America asking them is this is the proper procedure. I get more paper work when I buy a fuse then what I got upon pick up. seemed a little strange.
And yes the rally was great. almost forgot service manager told me one guy put 4400 post ban miles, guess he beat me---OH well.

TC

Back