• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bad Gateway error in Tapatalk

kbowman

I have been using Tapatalk on my iPad for a few weeks to read the forum. It worked great for a while.

Now, I can see the list of threads, but when I tap a thread to view the messages, I get a Bad Gateway error. When I return to the list of threads, the thread has disappeared, as though it has been marked as read.

Ihave tried to use the Contact Us button that comes up with the error message, but no response (from the Tapatalk folks, I assume).

Any idea what might have changed?

Thanks, Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken -

I don't use Tapatalk but I don't know that anything has changed on the MOA side. Does it do the same thing when you're in a different location for Internet access? Is there a way to try getting temporary access through another person's iPad? That might help isolate the problem.

Hopefully some of the other folks that do use Tapatalk will see your issue and provide their input. If it doesn't get resolved in due course, you could try and contact Ted Moyer...his forum username is t2moyer.

I can see you on the forum with TapaTalk Ken. If you iPad hasn't been shut off in a while (all the way off- not asleep), try shutting it off...then trying again.
OM

I can see you on the forum with TapaTalk Ken. If you iPad hasn't been shut off in a while (all the way off- not asleep), try shutting it off...then trying again.
OM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried powering down and doing a hard reset. Neither worked.

As you can see, I was able to post my original message from Tapatalk, although I got an error message that made me think it had not posted properly.

I doesn't seem to be a Tapatalk problem per se, as I can read other forums with no problems.

Does the web interface for the forum have an easy way to view 'unread' postings (not just 'recent' postings)? I like the ability of Tapatalk to easily scan all of the new postings and quickly mark the ones I don't want to view as read.

I will try configuring my iPhone for Tapatalk and see if that works, although I don't want to read the forum on my iPhone. Too small.

Thanks again, Ken

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried powering down and doing a hard reset. Neither worked.

As you can see, I was able to post my original message from Tapatalk, although I got an error message that made me think it had not posted properly.

I doesn't seem to be a Tapatalk problem per se, as I can read other forums with no problems.

Does the web interface for the forum have an easy way to view 'unread' postings (not just 'recent' postings)? I like the ability of Tapatalk to easily scan all of the new postings and quickly mark the ones I don't want to view as read.

I will try configuring my iPhone for Tapatalk and see if that works, although I don't want to read the forum on my iPhone. Too small.

Thanks again, Ken
:thumb
I'm not sure about the "unread" business, usually I hit New Posts and run on through- but then again I usually don't have many "unread" stacked up due to frequency of visits :)
Maybe check again tomorrow and see how it is. Sometimes the problems run in from different ends of the country i.e. Kurt will see something I don't and visa versa.
Let us know, as Kurt suggested, Ted may be the next stop if it's still not working for you in a day or two.
Good luck.
Gary

Under forum actions you can mark forums read then new posts will be your unread items. Read them, mark read, rinse and repeat.

It looks like I have a solution to my problem.

I deleted the app from my iPad, reinstalled it, and logged back in. For now, at least, everything seems to be working. I should have tried that sooner, I guess, but that is not someone I have had to do with other apps.

Cheers, Ken

It looks like I have a solution to my problem.

I deleted the app from my iPad, reinstalled it, and logged back in. For now, at least, everything seems to be working. I should have tried that sooner, I guess, but that is not someone I have had to do with other apps.

Cheers, Ken

:thumb Ken
Glad you have it back running for you. It's real nice that you gave us a follow-up as it will help others with the same problem.
Gary

I have the same problem reading with Tapatalk with my iPhone. Really weird the way it happens. I can read this thread and post, but I moved over to the garage just a second ago, and I got that dreaded bad gateway error. I then came back here and read this thread with no problem and did this post. I don't have this problem with any other forum using Tapatalk.

Back