• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone have experience with the Nolan B4 Bluetooth headset? BiLT helmets?

STANTONBARBAS

I am looking at either getting the B4 headset or buying a new helmet entirely with built in bluetooth. Reason for buying, friend got his first bike and wants to be able to talk to me while riding. I have a Nolan N-104 helmet already. The B4 intercom costs $300, while a cheap BiLT helmet with built in Bluetooth is only $180 (http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/...Full-Face-Motorcycle-Helmet/p/44032_200897_21).

So, the battle is price VS quality. I have heard that the B4 system can fail when it rains, and break (from reviews). But the BiLT helmet has wind buffering issues (from reviews).

Maybe i cheap out and just have this as a second helmet? Or should i bite the larger bullet and grab the Nolan intercom? Any insight/thoughts are welcome. I am in no rush right now to make a purchase.

If talking with your friend is the prime motivator here, you may need to buy the same brand of intercom. Intercom systems from different manufacturers are frequently not compatible with another manufacturers product, though Sena and Cardo are starting to address this issue.

If talking with your friend is the prime motivator here, you may need to buy the same brand of intercom. Intercom systems from different manufacturers are frequently not compatible with another manufacturers product, though Sena and Cardo are starting to address this issue.

Really? Huh, I guess I just supposed that all Bluetooth intercom systems could talk to each other after pairing.

I wouldn't endorse the B4 Nolan system. The battery life is poor and microphone pick-up is equally so - not question it's sleek and cool.

I removed my B4 system from my N104 and replaced it with a Sena and couldn't be happier with it, matching my expectations for sound quality and system flexibility.

Good luck!

I just put in a new Sena unit. Threw out my cardo because it was cumbersome to use and wouldn't link with many advertised items. The newest firmware just came out for the Sena and has universal Bluetooth connectivity with this upgrade so it should be able to link with other brands of headsets, although I haven't tried it yet.

I have the B4 system and it works well for me. The only negative, you can't remove the mic. I like to hear the radio but often do not want the mic, it' s just in the way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back