• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Airhead rear wheel hub to late model spoked tubeless rim

itbeme

OK, I have a /2 conversion that I want to add a /5-6-7 rear end so I can run tubeless tires. I'd like to keep the spoked wheel look. I was wondering if a airhead rear wheel hub could be laced to a GS or C wheel. Thus giving me the look I want along with a tubeless rim. Has any one done this? If so, who, where, how, etc. Or any other ideas or tricks that may accomplish my goal.
Thanx to all that respond.
S

1966 /2 with 78 R80 motor

OK, I have a /2 conversion that I want to add a /5-6-7 rear end so I can run tubeless tires. I'd like to keep the spoked wheel look. I was wondering if a airhead rear wheel hub could be laced to a GS or C wheel. Thus giving me the look I want along with a tubeless rim. Has any one done this? If so, who, where, how, etc. Or any other ideas or tricks that may accomplish my goal.
Thanx to all that respond.
S

1966 /2 with 78 R80 motor

I don't think any of the airheads had wheels that were tubeless. I know my '78 R100/7 doesn't.

He's thinking of R100GS wheels.

Couldn't even say whether spokes are same diameter as used on the older model. The front of course had smallish hub along with disc brakes.

Bring money.

Call Woody or Buchanan. They will have answers that you can act on. Most likely it can be done with bent spokes or customs drilling. With money, there is a way.

Back