• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

spoke question

2010rt

So as I begin a winter project on my 1974 r 90/6 one of the things I want to do is replace the spokes on the front wheel, so everything is apart, tire is off and all the spokes removed, and hub is glass blasted and looks brand new, so the question is, BMW spokes from Max Bmw are $7.50 each for spoke and nipple, Boxer2Valve they are $4.50 for spoke and nipple, then there is Ebay, stainless or chrome, spoke and nipple, front and rear wheel from Germany, about $150.00 that does not mean the guy in Germany didn't get them from China, so the question is, which spokes should I go with, not sure if the cheap ones on Ebay are good quality, does anyone have any experience with spoke purchase? Thanks for any help!!

Scott

I bought the spokes from the German guy on Ebay and was quite happy with them. $150 for both wheels, but the spokes seem quite good and assembled nicely. speichenshop24de was the seller I purchased from, chrome spokes as original as opposed to stainless steel.

Hope this helps.
Larry

Did mine last winter using kits from Buchanan's, and was very happy with the product and the price. Went with the S/S spokes and nipples, as a very safety-related item I wanted to ensure I was getting the quality expected. I'd absolutely recommend them.

spokes

I re-laced my R90s rims about 30 years ago and went with stainless. I check for loose spokes every now and then as well as runout of the rim and virtually nothing's changed in that time.

SS is definitely a nice upgrade.

I re-laced my R90s rims about 30 years ago and went with stainless. I check for loose spokes every now and then as well as runout of the rim and virtually nothing's changed in that time.

SS is definitely a nice upgrade.

Good Job!

hub

So my front hub rolled off my work table, it is about 3 feet tall and landed on cement, it looks like it separated a bit in the center of the hub, kind of looks like they are 2 pieces put together, I tapped on it and it all went back together, so the question is, are the front hubs 2 separate pieces or did I break it. There is clearly a seam of some kind there, I will try to post pics tomorrow, as it is at work. Thanks!!

scott

Back