• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ADVrider sold?

Start a petition to make the forum free, like ADV, and you will see.

this concept is also predicated on the stopping of usage of other social platforms and putting the forum first.
OM

You might have missed my point.

Why is this place so low volume? Can we learn something from the ADV site that might deliver better member benefit and involvement? Are there lessons to be learned from their successes that we might use here?

I trust that you never worked in sales or product marketing or any kind of competitive analysis if that's your take on my comment.

And with regard to the tiny text you added, that's also incorrect. We can add features here or set a tone for conversation that encourages participation without forcing people to stop using other social media products or give it away.

We can add features here or set a tone for conversation that encourages participation without forcing people to stop using other social media products or give it away.

Forcing people to use one medium or channel will never work. People will use what is most convenient to them, and if we are not there, we lose.

And it will take more than features or a different tone to get more participating. I think it will take a different strategy, and again we can look to ADVrider for an example.

kbasa, you know more about this than me, but a couple of years ago, ADVrider added a new dimension to their site, which I will summarize as "well-produced interactive editorial" and a regular newsletter drawing the audience to the new stuff. (They also added a completely kick-ass printed magazine, but that's not part of my point).

I am pretty sure no one contributing to this part of the ADVrider site gets paid, but there does appear to be an egalitarian way of passing out what Flash (remember him?) called "schwag"... free stuff to review, press intro invites, event VIP passes... in return for busting out some decent editorial. A good deal of this also gets posted to the ADVrider YouTube channel.

The result has been a very cool mix of reporting on bikes, farkles, racing, destinations... it's very well subscribed. And then each report is actually a thread in which inmates can contribute and interact with each other. (we actually have this capability in our MMS... essentially a blog with comments... but no one ever posts).

If we were to achieve that here, we (as in the MOA) would have to adopt a far more open system of volunteering, along with a means for on-line collaboration, which are things I recommended at the 2019 Board meeting in TN.

You might have missed my point.

Why is this place so low volume? Can we learn something from the ADV site that might deliver better member benefit and involvement? Are there lessons to be learned from their successes that we might use here?

I trust that you never worked in sales or product marketing or any kind of competitive analysis if that's your take on my comment.

And with regard to the tiny text you added, that's also incorrect. We can add features here or set a tone for conversation that encourages participation without forcing people to stop using other social media products or give it away.

Quoted for posterity.
OM

Also creating genuinely good content is hard. Just for reference, https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=BMW+MOA+Rally+2021

11 videos on YouTube featuring the Great Falls Rally with thousands of people attending. You need content to make a forum successful. I'm not proposing any changes to this one but I am saying that more of us need to go out and make ride reports and share photos and videos here. With content, the eyeballs will come and some eyeballs convert to contributors and the cycle continues.

Also creating genuinely good content is hard. Just for reference, https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=BMW+MOA+Rally+2021

11 videos on YouTube featuring the Great Falls Rally with thousands of people attending. You need content to make a forum successful. I'm not proposing any changes to this one but I am saying that more of us need to go out and make ride reports and share photos and videos here. With content, the eyeballs will come and some eyeballs convert to contributors and the cycle continues.

Adam knows what's up. You need content to drive engagement. And you need people to come here to drive content in the first place. ADV has done a great job with that, I'd say, via their home page content.

We've got Insta, we've got FB and, I assume Twitter, but this place isn't exactly lit up with content, is it? 20 years and there's only 900 threads in the ride reports section? Why not? Why don't people come here to share their riding experiences?

30K members in the club, if I understand correctly, and we generate, as Paul stated, something like 35 posts a day. Why is that?

If you want Adam, post them up in a “2021 YouTube Rally recap thread” in the rally forum?
OM

If you want Adam, post them up in a “2021 YouTube Rally recap thread” in the rally forum?
OM

Adam, I posted up the url's here- https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?101636-BMW-MOA-2021-YouTube-Rally-recap-thread

Thanks for the tip. :thumb

OM

Last edited:
Back