• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

85 K Bike Tires

butch

I have an 85 K100RS 2 valve in need of new rubber.

Of course, I want a nice balance between grip and mileage with the weight on the grip side. I'm currently running Challengers by Kenda (100/90-17 front, 130/90 17 rear) and they were on the bike when I got it.

The rear tire is done, but the front still has some miles on it. I've heard it's better to replace them both.

I've been on some manufactures web sites and either the bike is not listed on their fittment charts, or they suggest tires with different dimentions.

Any suggestions?

butch,
i had an '86 K75 that i bought new and just sold it last march. always used bias ply metzlers with no complaints.
are they no longer available?
have you checked with your dealer?
jerry

Back