• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

40th Annual Iowa Rally, June 9-12!!!

oldspice

Join us for the 40th Annual Iowa BMW Motorcycle Rally!

When: June 9-12, 2016

Where: Middle Amana Community Park
Middle Amana, Iowa 52307
GPS Coordinates: N41° 47.937’ W091° 53.998’

Rally Fee:
• Pre-register: $45
• At the Gate: $50

Located in the heart of the historical German Amana Colonies—there is plenty of shady, grassy camping space at the Middle Amana Community Park! Enjoy modern restrooms and shower facilities; campfires; electricity; and plenty of space for RV camping.

Rally pin and cup for the first 300 registered attendees, courtesy of the Pure Stodge.

Rally Fee includes:

• Camping on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night
• Friday and Saturday evening meals
• Live music
- Friday - Beaker Brothers
- Saturday - Red Rock Hill
• Rally Pin and beverage mug (first 300 registrants)
• Courtesy of the Pure Stodge — Coffee, Tea and Lemonade (adult beverages - BYOB)
• Door Prizes; Awards

Other Great Stuff

• Saturday morning breakfast fundraiser for Give Kids the World Village. A $5 donation gets you pancakes, sausage and orange juice, sponsored by the Sheraton Hotel in Iowa City.
• Saturday events and food at local dealers.
• Be sure to visit the National Motorcycle Museum, just a short ride to Anamosa National Motorcycle Museum » One of the finest collections of vintage motorcycles in the world!
• Every registration includes a “Goody Bag” from the local Amana Colonies businesses.
• Commemorative 40th Anniversary coolers will be available for $10 to store your favorite beverages. Price includes ice for the duration of the rally. These coolers are foldable and packable to accompany you on many great adventures in the future.

More info here: http://www.purestodge.org/rally-information.html

Doorprizes at iowa

A lot of great door prizes. GOOD FOOD.GOOD PEOPLE. RIDE SAFE STEVE FROM IOWA:wave

confimation

Planning on the Iowa rally first time-had sent in registration in mid May-is there a confirmation email sent??

See you on the 9th

Only a couple more days now! Weather is looking AWESOME (for once!)

RallyWeather_zpsyrf6r9af.jpg

Good rally. A little on the hot side, and strong enough winds Friday night to blow over a GSA and break at least one tent.

Attachments

• P1030298.jpg
    P1030298.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 66
  • P1030301.jpg
    P1030301.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 66
  • P1030310.jpg
    P1030310.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 67
A few more.

Attachments

• P1030304.jpg
    P1030304.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 67
  • P1030306.jpg
    P1030306.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 66
  • P1030308.jpg
    P1030308.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 67
This was my first time attending this one and it was a great rally! Very well organized and great team hosting it. Thank you for all the work!

I heard last years rally had 5 inches of rain and this year there was less rain (a good wind and rain storm at 2am provided an opportunity to field test my Redverz Solo tent, which was all good!) but there was substantial heat and humidity, especially Saturday afternoon/evening. None the less a good time was had.

I'll be back next year!

Mark

I'll second that...

indeed a "thank you" to the club for a very fine rally! Really great communications from the rally staff during the event. I brought two 1st timers (only my 2nd, last in '10) and they were also impressed with the location, rally facilities, catered food and the rally team volunteers. The club anniversary cooler purchase
(very neat) that included continuous ice, was a bonus during the Fri/Sat temp's experienced. Just fantastic door prizes All Three Evenings! And plenty of them. One give-away format change I would recommend; hold the top couple of high end prizes for the last draw's of the eve, with all tickets returned to the hopper. After the BMW Adventure GPS & Jackets were taken in the 1st two pulls; I've never seen folks walk slower to collect their remaining win selection.
Note: that was my "war party" yell at winning gift #69 for the MOA license plate holder; sorry if I startled a few of you!
We bought lots of tires and a Shebreuth helmet from the nearby MOA Dealer; and a "well done" to them for the cookout & ice cream floats... and door prize gifts.
It was great to see our MOA E.D. (Bob E.), Pres. (Chuck M.), so many former Directors, and the many Ambassadors at your event.
Even an MOA Founding Father and "never missed a National"... Mr. Norm, was telling stories round-the fire. It don't get any better than that!
I am thankful & privileged to have been there... good on'ya Iowa.

"travel'n" john

Back