• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2012 Cannonball

Check it out... our very own Darryl Richman is running.

How cool is that?????

960544858_ZUtWr-L.jpg

this is a great event... i met up with them in Maggie Valley, NC. at the Wheels of Time.

1010056969_zHWri-L.jpg

Yes, it's true, your own forum liaison is rider number 52 (riding my 1928 R52) in next year's Cannonball. I made a test run 3 weeks ago, I rode from my home in Santa Cruz to San Francisco on the Pacific Coast Highway. Then I participated in the AMCA club's 49 Mile Ride through the streets of SF. Then I rode home. 220 miles in about 6 hours of riding time. The bike never missed a beat, got 40 mpg and used no oil.

I am starting a blog about the Cannonball adventure over at the Vintage club's website. Come by and visit!

PS: thanks for the continued use of your photos, Ian!

I sure wish the route was coming further south... I really would have enjoyed cheering you on, man.

ian

I live like 15 minutes from the start point. I am definately going to the kick off to check out all the cool old iron. I wonder how they feel about people tagging along for a leg or two on a modern bike?

This is way cool and the first I've heard of it!
I'm going to put it on my calendar and try to make it to Wellsboro that weekend.

Kitty Hawk

I live like 15 minutes from the start point. I am definately going to the kick off to check out all the cool old iron. I wonder how they feel about people tagging along for a leg or two on a modern bike?

We did it last year from Kitty Hawk to Greenville, NC. Just stay out of the way and no one will care. It is an event worth seeing and the people who participate are all terrific about the endless questions.

I welcome you all to come by and see the bikes and meet the people riding them if you have the opportunity. I have a feeling that we riders will need all the cheering on we can get!

I am honored to have Paul coming along to keep the bike operating. I think he's going to find this a little different than all the modern bikes he has worked on!

Steve Huntzinger, a cross-town neighbor, completed the CB run last year on his 1915 Excelsior Twin following his perfect-score sweep of the Pebble Beach.

Don't know what, or if, he's planning to run this year.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6yzOZSzwXlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back