• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 K1200R: Anyone know where the Engine Number is located?

ss8171

Hello

Purchased an out of state 2007 K1200R. CA requires inspecting the Engine #, but I havent been able to locate it. Any one know?

Not totally sure if it will help, but there's a thread on engine numbers listed in the Similar Thread pane near the bottom of the page.

Hello

Purchased an out of state 2007 K1200R. CA requires inspecting the Engine #, but I havent been able to locate it. Any one know?

Are you sure it is not one of those "Nigerian fake BMW" bikes direct from the Prince's fleet ?????

Friedle :scratch

Mr. Google says,

It is on the right side of the aluminum frame just under the brake pedal pivot, and under the seat on a tag welded to the left rear of the rear sub-frame.

Mr. Google says,

That's where my VIN was.
Is there a separate engine number?

Edit: Found the location of the engine number.

ENGINE_NUMBER1.JPG

Try this spot.

"It is located on the right crankcase under the aluminum mounting bracket. Just about 2 O'clock from the clutch cover."

Kind of sounds like Lee's photo................

GD

Thanks! You are in Pismo? I live in Grover Beach......

Live in Pismo, my shop's in Oceano. When I'm not on my /5, you might see me thrashing an old Dnepr sidecar rig around. I usually show up at the doughnut shop meet on Saturday mornings.

IMG_6488-850x650.jpg

Back