• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1984 R100rt

Didn't hesitate and still lost.

Same with mine Keelerb,starts first kick everytime. Well I'm sorry to say I didn't hesitate and I still lost.The RT was sold for $2400. I called him today told him I wanted it and I would call him back tonite,got home from work a little late and another guy that was interested and called him back first.He is even going to deliver it to North Carolina for an extra $200. I didn't need another bike anyway.Still got my RS to look forward to.

George, you'll still get your RT, just keep looking. I think I spent a year or so of serious searching, after a year or so more of kinda musing about it, checking ebay and MOA flea market once in a while.

In the meantime, I think you'll be happy you didn't sell that Commando. Kee-rist, mine makes me happy just go out and look at it. (on the other hand, it's in the 30s here today, and I rode the RT, not the Norton, when I got home from work...!)

Ps George, hope you don't mind but your Commando is my new screen saver....this week... replaces the BSA I ALMOST bought off ebay (i screwed up - it was a screaming bargain) and before that an r75/5 I am still thinking about (and will decide to buy, and communicate that to the seller, just AFTER she sells to some one else).

Dang.

:bikes :bikes :bikes Dunno, George, you Irish?

Yeah, kinda tough for me to ride a BritBike (UP the IRA!! - okay, I'm dating myself), but Guinness don't make a two-wheeler!

Where's that "I like bikes" icon? that is ME, in a word (or tree....)

George, keep looking. I wrote a program to scan the east coast for RT's in pretty much all the cities. Otherwise, ya gotta click through all the states, then the cities yourself. Anyway, I think I found the one you were looking at in Himrom (or something like that)? I come across a lot of then this way. If you don't mind traveling, I have a few links. PM me if you are interested.

You (or Killerb, not sure which) got me all worked up about the Commando, damn that's a gorgeous bike. I rode my R100T in a little snow squall today. Ride it pretty much any chance I get. The Commando would be in the house, visual therapy until the nicest of nice days beckoned her. Another bike I can't really justify right now though. My R60/5 will go on the block soon.

Dang it Annapolis, don't sell that R60!

Or if you do sell it to me!

Dang it Annapolis, don't sell that R60!

Or if you do sell it to me!
Not even for a Commando? Seriously, I can't afford the Commando right now. This job stuff really screws up my social and riding life.

Its such a pleasant distraction from the job hunt though, it's sort of become my therapist. Fun project, bought a half bike with a bunch-o-boxes and hoped all the pieces were there. So far, so good.

Anyway, its a fairly nice bike. Cleaned up pretty well and I have a color matched set of Krausers and Wixom tank bag that I planned on using. We'll see. I'm also trying to fight off the cafe racer build out urge and favor the keep her original style.

That was the one Annapolis. I can't believe I lost it. I would like those links you have,thanks. I'm hoping th guy will decide not to deliver it to NC and call me again. Hey you can always hope right?

That was the one Annapolis. I can't believe I lost it. I would like those links you have,thanks. I'm hoping th guy will decide not to deliver it to NC and call me again. Hey you can always hope right?

Ok, well it was definitely a nice bike. Silver (not silver and black as advertised, he was referring to the frame as the black part). To mean, its all relative, $2400 for a straight RT, garaged with 50-70k on it is probably worth taking a chance if its what you want. I think a lot of nice bikes are coming up for sale due to the economy and if they are 'spares' so there are bound to be good deals.

If its the right bike and I want it to use daily for the long term, $2500-3000 is good and I'll dump more into it to make it reliable and what I want. But that's just me and I'm certainly not right in the head. :boldpurpl

I'll send the links.

although I just recently bought my r1100rt I wish I had the green for that norton,that bike is awesome, here is my special baby that I hope to keep long enough to will to my son she is a 1985 rz500 in mint condition, pretty uncomfortable on long rides over a few hours but it is a blast to ride for those of you that dont know the bike it is a V4 500 cc 2 stroke never sold here in the USA.

rz500lft.jpg

Back