• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1980 BMW R100T Turn Signal Buzzer Question

nevadaslim

I'm restoring a 1980 BMW R100T. Recently I found the almost impossible to find, turn signal buzzer and relay on eBay(cheap)!

I'll probably never use them, but I'm trying to restore my bike as stock as possible with all the options if I can find them(cheap).

Now that I have the relay and the buzzer(and they work), I can't find any photos of how they should be installed correctly. So I'm attaching photos
of the way I think they should be installed.

My big question is if the relay is facing the right direction. Right now it kinda sticks out a little and may not be right. It doesn't seem to interfere with the battery cover.

And should the buzzer face directly outward to the left, or inward to the right?

00003.jpg 00001.jpg 00002.jpg

Thanks for any assistance or photos,
Mike...

Mike -

Here's a picture of my /7 buzzer mounted...looking across the bike at the inside of the left cover...I can't get mine off as you have. Disregard the rusting on the battery hold down...it's in need of some TLC!!

I'm not sure about forward/backward...that's should be defined by the connector on the bottom.

Attachments

• Slasy7Buzzer.jpg
    Slasy7Buzzer.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 56
Mike -

Here's a picture of my /7 buzzer mounted...looking across the bike at the inside of the left cover...I can't get mine off as you have. Disregard the rusting on the battery hold down...it's in need of some TLC!!

I'm not sure about forward/backward...that's should be defined by the connector on the bottom.

Thanks Kurt,

From your photo it would appear I've got the relay installed correctly.

You're right about the battery cover. When I went to put it on for the first time it wouldn't go on. Looks like I'm going to have to take the lift handle off to get it on/off. Just starting to learn some of the many wonders of BMW. A real head scratcher :banghead.

Funny thing about your relay. I couldn't find a used one online, and MaxBMW wants $146 for a new one. I found a used BMW relay on eBAY that was close but not exactly the same. All I had to do(after an hour of troubleshooting), was move the 87a wire in the socket to the 87 location. Works perfect but LOUD, maybe not when the engine is running.

Back