• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

questions about "blind plug" part number 41355780222

brant914

Hi everyone,

todays question is about the "blind plug" shown in the parts diagram with this photo
this is for my 1971 R75/5 project.

5.jpg

the diagrams say that 3 are needed.
I'm not even sure that the diagram could be for a LWB bike, or different year than mine?

I have 6 holes on my rear subframe
3 of the holes on each side.

does an SWB bike use these plugs
which holes were they filling from the factory?
or are all 6 holes (3 each side) needing these plugs?

thanks for any input or directions about how the bike should have been delivered
I'm trying to get the details correct.

Here is a picture of my rear subframe.
I don't think its the correct one for my bike, as I had to buy a clean one from ebay as mine was torn at the seat lock area

4.jpg

brant

That part was used on a number of bikes and years. It shows on my /7. The part seems to be filling holes in the rear fender. I checked my /7 and I have zero holes along the edges of my finder. There are several for 61131356776 which is the cable holder and my bike has a couple of those.

The diagram shows those plugs going into the fender, not the frame. However, I looked at my very original '71 R75/5 and it has just one hole on each side in that part of the subframe and no holes in the fender in that area.

The diagram shows those plugs going into the fender, not the frame. However, I looked at my very original '71 R75/5 and it has just one hole on each side in that part of the subframe and no holes in the fender in that area.

when I got the bike, the rear sub frame was torn and the seat latch hole, was missing entirely.
I didn't realize when I bought the replacement subframe on ebay... that it was the wrong year
now I realize it is the wrong year, because it has wire loom tabs running on the left side of the subframe and my bike has no wire loom in that area.

but its already powder coated...
so I'm not going to replace it and will just use what I have...
I'll bet the 1971 one I metal recycled didn't have 3 holes on each side...

oh well..
I got most of the details correct.... missed this one for sure.
brant

Back