• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

XM radio with recent bike purchase

motodan

Under impression BMW was still providing a 12 months free XM radio subscription with radio installed RT purchase, anyone have recent experience with this?

All I got on last years purchase were annoying mailers from XM with ridiculous "special" offers.

XM users should be able to get the full package, 2 or 3 devices and listen online for around $120/ year. I can recommend-
Paying by check…..although it may cost a $3.00 service charge.
Cancel at month 11 and renegotiate for the “best deal”.
Request an email after the negotiations and an invoice.

I like XM but it’s a lot of hassle go get to where it should be without the negotiating. My opinion anyway.
OM

Oh yeah, don’t fall in love with it. ;)

XM users should be able to get the full package, 2 or 3 devices and listen online for around $120/ year. I can recommend-
Paying by check…..although it may cost a $3.00 service charge.
Cancel at month 11 and renegotiate for the “best deal”.
Request an email after the negotiations and an invoice.

I like XM but it’s a lot of hassle go get to where it should be without the negotiating. My opinion anyway.
OM

Oh yeah, don’t fall in love with it. ;)

Ah yes, the opportunistic, exploitative business model. They don't really have a "price". They just take as much as they can get.

I would personally rather sing in my helmet than play with crooks. YMMV of course.

I've heard that before from a friend who got a new car, one of my offers explicitly stated, "NO checks"! They would not get a card from me! Now if $10/mo. maybe would go for 11 months, after the check cleared of course. :dance

they were very nice though....sending me a lovely reminder that my "offer" would be expiring soon!

Ah yes, the opportunistic, exploitative business model. They don't really have a "price". They just take as much as they can get.

I would personally rather sing in my helmet than play with crooks. YMMV of course.

It’s a game like so many other things nowadays. Partially fueled by the “I don’t look at my credit card statement or balance the bank statement” crowd.

I've heard that before from a friend who got a new car, one of my offers explicitly stated, "NO checks"! They would not get a card from me! Now if $10/mo. maybe would go for 11 months, after the check cleared of course. :dance

If anyone doesn’t want to take a check, they don’t need the business. This concept is fueled as stated as mentioned above.

There is more of “them” then there is of “me”. :dunno

OM

I have used them for years and am very happy. First of all NEVER give them a credit card. I have it set up where they send me a renewal bill. This no reason to cancel it in the 11th month, wait for the renewal bill then call in and then tell them you are not going to renew at that price. It's amazing how the price drops. I then tell them to send me a statement and I will mail in a check. I guess a lot of folks just pay the renewal fee as when its slapped on their credit card. A couple of years ago I had a rep from Discover tell me its amazing how many people don't even look at their monthly charges and just pay whats required to keep the account open.

I thought spotify was what my neighbor's dog did on my other neighbor's lawn.

All the music is available on all the services except for limited exclusives from artists on their chosen medium. I use Google (YouTube Music) - as a premium music subscription provides both YouTube Music without ads and YouTube Red (no ads in videos), and I can upload my music to be able to stream it as well - just like iTunes used to (Apple Music now - not sure if they still do that.) And, I can share all that music and the YT Red with my family.

All the music is available on all the services except for limited exclusives from artists on their chosen medium. I use Google (YouTube Music) - as a premium music subscription provides both YouTube Music without ads and YouTube Red (no ads in videos), and I can upload my music to be able to stream it as well - just like iTunes used to (Apple Music now - not sure if they still do that.) And, I can share all that music and the YT Red with my family.
I should have said a person can listen to the actual SXM radio playlists on Spotify and Apple. Yes the music is available everywhere with executions. I meant to refer to the actual channel playlist.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

My original question, reworded: Anyone purchased a new '22 RT recently and received the FREE 12 month XM radio programming with said purchase?

The BMW Motorrad USA website is silent about the length of the term for the $1200 radio option Sirius XM. However, the impiication of this article (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-starting-with-2021-model-year-301152307.html) is that the term is 12 months for all BMWs. You'll note that in the last paragraph, motorcycles are specifically included as part of the "BMW Group." However, they're not specified in the earlier paragraphs.

Also, FWIW, I negotiate every six months with Sirius for two cars (Acura & BMW). Latest negotiation was in December and was $45 for each vehicle for six months. I didn't include my 2015 RT because I find the service spotty because of poor reception. I use a flash drive with the tunes I like.

I wonder how much extra one might have to pay to have a factory XM delete option... It's doesn't appear possible to buy a bike or car without XM being provided all your contact info. My 2020 K1600 GTL apparently came with 12 months based on the "final" XM harrassment letters, letters that are still coming. And I went through their stated process after the first letters to be removed from further contact. Early on letters seemed to imply it was expiring in something like 90 days too. I never turned on XM, so I don't know for how long it might have remained "free". If I were to have considered XM previously, they sure did a great job of convincing me otherwise.

While i like Sirius XM, especially the 60’s on six channel, i can’t in good conscience provide any financial support to an organization that promotes programming like Howard Stern. He has a $500 MILLION contract with Sirius XM. Unbelievable!

If your '22 comes with Audio Prep you can add radio (amplifier) for $510 - $620, depending on what discount dealer will give you. It will need programmed however, BMW is picking up that cost. As OP of this thread would like to state, I never pay for XM after the bike promotion ends. However, if part of my bike's purchase price includes 12 months of XM, I want that 12 months. My bike was delivered with snow on the ground by dealer from 200 miles away, with XM not activated. So I called XM and got the runaround. Will be calling dealer tomorrow when their week starts (Tuesday) to resolve this issue.

Back