• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where to learn more about my 2017 R1200GS

troycifer

Hey All!

So excited! Just bought a 2017 R1200GS and am getting to know it. I have never had a GS or a bike with so much gadgetry and riding options. I am reading through the Rider's Manual and I see how to move through different options and settings, etc. But I would like more detailed explanations as to functions, settings, and, oh, just about everything. Is there a good resource anyone has found that will help me learn more about my bike? I appreciate it!
Troy

Hey All!

So excited! Just bought a 2017 R1200GS and am getting to know it. I have never had a GS or a bike with so much gadgetry and riding options. I am reading through the Rider's Manual and I see how to move through different options and settings, etc. But I would like more detailed explanations as to functions, settings, and, oh, just about everything. Is there a good resource anyone has found that will help me learn more about my bike? I appreciate it!
Troy

If you were to attend the BMW MOA (Inter)National Rally in Springfield, MO in June you could attend seminars and also just chat with many other owners of similar bikes.

And, if there is a local chartered club nearby where you live you can find other very helpful folks. If you filled out your location in your Profile more help might speak up.

Go BIG!

Hey All!

Troy

Troy - check out the GS Giants (Facebook Group.... Web site). There is a lot of expertise there, and a lot of good people that will become your friends. If you want to join, it's free, a cool sticker is $10. Their next *big* event is in Dolores, CO this summer. I see that you're in CA, so pretty nearby!

Also, Adventure Rider's GSpot is a good resource.

Ian

IMG_4952-X2.jpg

IMG_5025-X2.jpg

IMG_5101-X3.jpg

If you are near Long Beach, Long Beach BMW Motorcycles has a campout coming up in conjunction with RawHyde Adventures (a SoCal GS training outfit) soon - I don't think it's too late to register, and the guys at LB BMW are great. PM me and I can forward the email from them with details.

Back