• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where to buy BMW 12v accessory socket male plug ??

mosrrt

I have a BMW 12V socket that i want install on the bike . I need the male plug so that I can wire it to the battery.
Where can i get them ??

The way I read it is the OP was looking for what would be on the factory harness. I have had a hard time finding parts like that. Perhaps with a picture we could suggest a work-around.
OM

I've had very little luck finding connectors from aftermarket sources that match those used by BMW.

BMW does sell connections for repairs. I believe you are looking for this part, available through any dealer (pic from the MaxBMW site):
connector.jpg

Kind of expensive, but maybe a good choice if you already have the socket. The "BMW socket" is known more generically as an ISO 4165 or DIN 4165 (in Europe), so that may help you search for that style. Burnsmoto sells a covered socket with standard spade lugs.

Try searching for DIN Plug for the male side and DIN Socket for the female side on Amazon. It's not really a BMW plug or socket, it's a DIN plug that BMW uses.

Not what I am looking for ! I want to wire my 12V BMW socket into the battery
Its a male fitting that plugs into the back of the BMW socket so that it can be wired to the battery .

I think I know what you mean now. The dealer installed one of these on our K1300S bikes.
From what I remember this was a BMW harness. It connected the OEM plug direct to the battery.
It allowed me to use the factory plug for a heated jacket or tire pump.

If you install a aftermarket plug we need to see what plug you plan to add.

The BMW sockets I have seen have two male spade lugs, usually at 90 degrees to each other. To connect to to these all it takes is two crimp-on female connectors that match the size of the male spade lugs. A couple of 1/2" long pieces of shrink wrap around the female connectors finish the job. It is an individual choice whether to crimp or solder the female connectors to the wire. Using a length of lamp cord style two conductor type wire with ring terminals at the battery end(s) make a very nice harness. Don't forget to add a fuse holder and fuse to the positive lead.

The BMW sockets I have seen have two male spade lugs, usually at 90 degrees to each other. To connect to to these all it takes is two crimp-on female connectors that match the size of the male spade lugs. A couple of 1/2" long pieces of shrink wrap around the female connectors finish the job. It is an individual choice whether to crimp or solder the female connectors to the wire. Using a length of lamp cord style two conductor type wire with ring terminals at the battery end(s) make a very nice harness. Don't forget to add a fuse holder and fuse to the positive lead.

This may work . I will look at it closer .
Thanks for all the input everyone

Mike

Back