• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's your favorite tire pressure guage?

garlicbreath

I am looking for a new pressure gauge. I would like an accurate dial or digital gauge that is compact enough to carry and not interact with my brake discs when I us it. Any thoughts? Quality and accuracy supersede cost.

I am looking for a new pressure gauge. I would like an accurate dial or digital gauge that is compact enough to carry and not interact with my brake discs when I us it. Any thoughts? Quality and accuracy supersede cost.

I use the EZ-AIR at the bottom of this page:
http://www.getagauge.com/MotorcycleTireGauges.cfm

I didn't get the protective pouch with mine, but this is a GREAT gauge! It has the unique ability to clip the nozzle to the stem of your tire, and you can inflate the tire through the gauge (instead of repeatedly adding air, checking pressure, adding air, checking pressure, releasing air...). Also has a air release button built into it to get the pressure 'just right'. Very durable, well made, and easily worth $20!!! The flexible hose makes it easy to attach to the valve stem.

i've had the chance to check my $1.99 autozone tire pressure gauge against a number of different gauges and it seems pretty much on the money (never varying more than 1 or 2 psi from the ones i've tested it against) scientifically, this only proves precision i suppose, but accuracy can more than likely be assumed

the discs (at least on my model) seem like they'd interfere with almost any type of gauge. i can easily check pressure with mine by just turning it at an angle to the rim rather than straight out.

FWIW

Getagauge- the "easy air" is the one I carry with the bike and one to keep at home. Allows you to connect to valve stem and check pressure, leave the gauge attached as it has an external valve to fill tire through the gauge hose. Great for hard to reach valve stems like on my 1150RT. Some may not want to pay $20 for a gauge but that is preference.

EZ-AirOur best selling tire gauge!

Tire gauge for use with home or gas station air compressor

Save time - this tire gauge eliminates the need to switch back and forth between gauge and air compressor hose while inflating tires.

To read tire pressure clip the EZ-Air tire gauge on to the tire valve.

Need air? Use a home or gas station air compressor to inflate directly thru the gauge by applying the hose to the EZ-Air.

Add a little too much air? Bleed button allows for easy pressure adjustment.
100 or 160 psi steel case gauge
Easy to use clip-on chuck
Gauge guard included
Leatherette storage pouch included
This tire gauge is assembled and tested in the USA
FAQs
Operating Instructions with Photos

Large Image

Storage bag included!
EZ-AIR tire gauge / inflator (#EZ-AIR) $20.00 +S/H

I keep an Airman Sparrow on the bike. I can check the TP and fill in one motion, plus it is easy to attach.

During the past 40 years, I have tried every tire pressure gizmo on the market. I finally returned to where I started.

It works for me!

579886.gif

I use the EZ-AIR at the bottom of this page:
http://www.getagauge.com/MotorcycleTireGauges.cfm

I didn't get the protective pouch with mine, but this is a GREAT gauge! It has the unique ability to clip the nozzle to the stem of your tire, and you can inflate the tire through the gauge (instead of repeatedly adding air, checking pressure, adding air, checking pressure, releasing air...). Also has a air release button built into it to get the pressure 'just right'. Very durable, well made, and easily worth $20!!! The flexible hose makes it easy to attach to the valve stem.

:thumb

That's what I use.

I bought the EZ-Air gauge from (http://www.getagauge.com/) for $20.00 plus S&H, total delivered price $24.95. Great guage, easy to use especially with the locking clamp on the valve, and the ability to add air with the gauge attached so you can monitor how much air to add and/or bleed off. Comes with a little vinyl pouch for storage.

My favorite one is the RoadGear Digital Hi-Tec, which had an outstanding review by MCN a few years back.

It's light, accurate and the voice sounds like Hal from "2001: A Space Odyssey" (or is it Robot from "Lost in Space"? I fahget!)

tiregauge_thumb.jpg

:ha:ha

I have one of those too... put it in the 4 wheeler. I found it difficult to get onto the valve, with the rotors getting in they way. I much prefer the flexible hose of the EZ-Air.

Snap-On dial guage. Works great![/QUOTE]

This is the guage I use, works great. Seems like I remember reading someone did a study about the accuracy a few years ago and this guage came out pretty well in the ratings, that's how I ended up with it. It's pretty easy to get on the valve stem past the rotors because of the way the hose rotates.

Steve

Back