• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's available for the F650GS aftermarket?

beeryboats

I've fallen in love with the F650GS. I've sat on a couple but I'm waiting for that offered test ride. But before I'm totally hooked, what is available for it in the aftermarket? One person in the club has one with really rounded hard cases that don't really go with the bike. I like the alum. Jessy (?) style cases. What fits good for a tank bag as well? Now that I have a tank bag on my RT, I couldn't live without one!
Thanks, Jay

F650gs

First of all you should go to chaingang.com, which is THE website for all things F650.
There are more aftermarket items than you can shake a stick at. The Wolfman Denali tankbag is made for the F650. I have Jesse side cases and a Caribou top case, BMW engine guard, LED tail light, ZUMO GPS, Denali tankbag, Power Pegz, Touratec license brace among my farkles. It's a fun bike.

If you're talking about the older, pre-2009, single cylinder F650GS, there is every farkle under the sun available and they can be seen in the FAQ section of the Chain Gang (www.F65O.com) website as mentioned.

If you're asking about the new two cylinder F650GS, then there isn't much now, but it seems like most aftermarket manufacturers are jumping on board with plans to make stuff. Give it a year.

I'm looking for one of the older "thumpers". A "just for the fun of it" bike. I thought for sure once the F800GS came out there would be a glut of F650's to be had cheap. I guess not. The ones I've sat on sure feel like a toy compared to my RT! Looks like a lot of fun!!!
Jay

I'm looking for one of the older "thumpers". A "just for the fun of it" bike. I thought for sure once the F800GS came out there would be a glut of F650's to be had cheap. I guess not. The ones I've sat on sure feel like a toy compared to my RT! Looks like a lot of fun!!!

As mentioned, there is a ton of stuff to farkle up a thumper F650. Look mainly at Touratech and Wunderlich, but plenty of others as mentioned above. The price of the thumper F650 actually increased about $300 when the new F650 twin came out, mainly because they had stopped making the thumper. Now that they're back in production again with the G-series single engine, I expect the resale price to go down a bit.

Back