• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What would you do? 2011 GS or 2013 LC GS

romany

Hmmmm! I've an interesting problem to solve. One of the good challenges that sometimes come up. I've got to make a choice between a 2013 R1200GS with 61,000 kilometres for $15,700 or a 2010 R1200GS with 44,900 kilometres for $13,988. That's in Canadian dollars. A new bike is out side of what I want to spend.

Both bikes are at dealers the, cam head is local, the LC is one province away. Both are one owner bikes, allegedly well cared for. I've ridden the Cam Head and it's a good bike. I've also tested a LC 2013 at my local dealer but the final price with financing was well over $20,000, darn close to the cost of a new bike.

I can buy out of province LC and they'll store it until I can pick it up in the spring.

What would you do? Which one?

Buy the cheaper one and immediately ride it to where it is warm enough to keep it on the road year round. Just a suggestion. You could use the money to buy some nice gear to go along with your new ride. The quality of fun you get out of either will be near indistinguishable.

I would go with the '13, there are a lot of significant changes beyond the liquid cooling and wet clutch. If you pay for your shop work and plan on keeping it a while, you'll make up the difference in maint. costs alone, aside from the fact that it's a safer, more capable machine.

2011 or 2013 GS?

Hmmmm! I've an interesting problem to solve. One of the good challenges that sometimes come up. I've got to make a choice between a 2013 R1200GS with 61,000 kilometres for $15,700 or a 2010 R1200GS with 44,900 kilometres for $13,988. That's in Canadian dollars. A new bike is out side of what I want to spend.

Both bikes are at dealers the, cam head is local, the LC is one province away. Both are one owner bikes, allegedly well cared for. I've ridden the Cam Head and it's a good bike. I've also tested a LC 2013 at my local dealer but the final price with financing was well over $20,000, darn close to the cost of a new bike.

I can buy out of province LC and they'll store it until I can pick it up in the spring.

What would you do? Which one?

I have owned a 2012 GSA and currently have a 2015 GSA. If I had my choice, both being new, I would take the 2012. I like the separate transmission and motor oils and believe the reliability is better. The only thing I would miss is the cruise control.

Back