• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

what is this part?

brant914

I'm sorry for the dumb question
to put it in context....

my 1971 R75 restoration is at the phase where Im taking parts out of 99 boxes, and trying to assemble them.

so I had these in a box for shock parts
but I don't recognize them
and I rebuilt the shocks about a year ago using brooks article and didn't see these parts placement in the reassembly....

so maybe they are not for the shocks..

thank you in advance.

there are 4 rings... tapered... 2 with splits, and 2 solid.

brant

Attachments

• part.jpg
    part.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 83
They are the compression seal rings at the exhaust ports. The exhaust nut locks them in when tightened up to the heads.

THANK YOU !

that makes sense.
and I haven't gotten that far along... so did not realize they went there....

and I feel VERY relieved that I didn't assemble the forks wrong

the parts probably fell into the wrong box is all.....
whew....

brant

New

Yep, they look like new exhaust pipe "gaskets/seals". They go under the threaded big nut that holds the exhaust pipes in the heads. St.

Back