• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What have you done to your Wethead today?

Took off my Krista lights and sent them to Clearwater to modify the plugs so I can install the CANopener. My Krista lights are an older style! Clearwater is fantastic to deal with!

Jim :brow

Well Jim,
You got to see both of the white-beauty sides and front. She does not show her rear for very often, though some glance at it as the draft hits them on the back of their head. I must admit, a couple of blue-meanies have chased her and succeeded in stopping her to write down her number. But, they themselves are of the same white-beauty clan.

I particularly like the black powder can. Chrome is only welcome as my browser.

she--Why don't you leave that thing alone

me--yea, you're right. Where is my sandwhich?

Ummmm....yeah, that's looking damn nice! Definitely unique with that color combo :thumb I take it you had the headers and pipe ceramic coated....did you use Jet-Hot? Did you have anything else done?
Nice work sir!

Mopo

1. Is the Laminar Lip mounted on you bike meant for a 2014 & up RT or some other?
The dualoc buttons seem quite towards the middle of the screen.

2. I've been impressed with the Lamiar Lips on my K1200GTs ('03 & '08), how would you rate it on the RT?

d'milan

Mopo

What is that thing with the amber reflective, visible in the left front quarter shot?

Gotta say that's a pretty bike, certainly an incentive add more miles and get my 6K service so they'll do mine :rofl

I am surprise at the interest in the details. I guess I do the same when I see other bike pics.

I am strictly functionality bound when it comes to farkling my bike. I had it painted white for visibility and to keep it cooler (than dark colors do) during long hot Summers on the road. I think that callisto Grey is the same color as asphalt and the bike's color blended right into the road background.

One of the downside of a white RT is that people think there is a cop behind, so they slow down. This creates the accordion syndrome resulting in cars coming up your tail. The upside is that people think there is cop behind and most of the time they switch to another lane to get out of the way. Clears the road ahead.

That Laminar lip belongs to another bike model. I transferred it to the RT. It does not fit as well as the specific Laminar lip does for the OEM windshield. However, it does work better since I have the 'comfort shield' from BMW. If you look closely, you 'll see two white plastic screws holding down the Laminar lip (for more secure grip). The sticky pads work perfectly well, but I just wanted a more secure grip. I never endorse motorcycle accessories but the Laminar lip is a must for touring. Excellent piece of equipment.

The extra mirrors can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Auxilary-Wide-Angle-Side-View-Mirror-Medium/dp/B000ALJYEW
Just google 'blind mirror for motorcycles'. I bought mine from a car-part onLine store since I don't really like doing business with the likes of Amazon cause I can't talk to a human about my purchase. The don't fit as well as you may think, though they work better than you can imagine. You can see the traffic well behind you come into the blind area perfectly clear. I am completely confident that if I don't see a car on that mirror, there ain't no car on my blind side.

I am still experimenting. There is a thread: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?77211-GS-Mirrors-On-A-2014-15-R1200RT
with an idea to make GS rabbit ear mirror work. My previous experience with rabbit ear is that they bang into the windshield at full-turn steering preventing positioning for locking the steering.

I was disgusted with a chromed muffler on my RT. I had it Black powder covered at a place near me. While that is not totally a functionality motive, I just do not like to deal with shining chrome and watching it rust--as I have on previous bikes.

I will soon have Darla Clearwater lights (amber covers) attached to an Iliumwork grey engine guard with ilium grey hwy pegs for the long hauls ergonomics. And also the Clearwater canbuster tail light (I too think BMW forgot to put a tail light on this bike).

On the back of the bags I have a couple of lines of fluorescent yellow/red reflective chevrons like you see on emergency vehicles. Probably looks hideous to most bike owners but it shows my arses to the cagers behind well enough.

Hope I covered all the curiosities. Thank you for the feedback.

Played with my GS911 WiFi on my 2015 GS today. Anyone spot anything interesting?

service.jpg

service3.jpg

service2.jpg

'Been riding all winter in Badger land'

I only took a three week break in February from riding because of icy roads, and the bike was pretty dirty. Since it was a balmy 40 degrees on Monday I stripped all the panels off and washed the bike. I waxed all the painted surfaces, including engine block, frame and wheels. I put protectant on all the plastic bits and put 'er all back together. The amazing thing is I didn't lose any screws or have any left over. The bike now looks like the day I bought it. Maybe better.

Plastidipped and installed, temporarily, and EZPass on a GSAw.

EZ%20Pass%203.jpg

EZ%20Pass%202.jpg

EZ%20Pass%201.jpg

I left the super Velcro on, for now, because I am not sure if I will use it after I make a permanent mount!

Got my '14 RT in December, so had lots of garage time over the winter to play with add-ons. First took shift extender off my old RT and added it on new after the old bike was sold. Then added Suburban peg lowering. Exchanged stock seat for a Corbin. Had Ilium engine guard put on and then added their highway pegs. Bought a large trunk in excellent condition off Ebay for less than half retail price. Added rear view mirrors from Wunderlicht. Bought a Sena 20s and was able to get everything paired and functioning without too much frustration. Ready to take off for Alabama on Monday. I would love to add pictures but have not figured out that technology yet.

Can you point me to the shift extender you used, I thought I read that Suburban's shift extender would not work on the 14 RT

This is only the part that fits over the toe part. I have found that I really don't need to have the shaft extended and I wear size 11 boots.

Added Clearwater Darlas on BMW mounts, and a Billie brake light and Stebel horn. All were run and connected by the CANopener.

The CAN opener allows you to control the intensity of the Darlas through the Wonderwheel, go full bright with the high beams and the horn, controls an aftermarket horn, with or without the stock horn in place, and controls the Billie aux brake light!

Hopefully the owner will post a few photos. It was late and he needed to go.

Darla%20Stebel%204.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%205.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%207.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%208.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%209.jpg

Darla%20Stebel%2010.jpg

I only took a three week break in February from riding because of icy roads, and the bike was pretty dirty. Since it was a balmy 40 degrees on Monday I stripped all the panels off and washed the bike. I waxed all the painted surfaces, including engine block, frame and wheels. I put protectant on all the plastic bits and put 'er all back together. The amazing thing is I didn't lose any screws or have any left over. The bike now looks like the day I bought it. Maybe better.

What type of protectant did you use? I have a new one coming soon( Maybe)

Back