• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wd 40

jimfastcar

Have not tried all of these, but found it interesting......
No implied warranty, and I am not associated in any way with the makers of the stuff :bolt

1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4) Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making it slippery.
5) Keeps flies off cows! (That is good to know!)
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8) Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewelry chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic/ terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of waterspots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes. (That is what I usually used it for)
18) It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19) Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car. Removed quickly, with WD-40! (Love bugs? That would be good!)
20) Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21) Lubricates gear shift on lawn mowers.
22) Rids kids' rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close..
25) Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons and bicycles for easy handling.
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades and other tools.
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35) Removes all traces of duct tape.
36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain . (My Dad did this to his knee and swore up and down it worked)
37) Florida 's favorite use: 'cleans and removes Love Bugs from grills and bumpers .' (Ah, here it is!)
38) Protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39) WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time.
40) Fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41) WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
42) If you've washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and re-wash.. Presto! Lipstick is gone!
43) If you spray WD-40 on the distributor cap, it will displace the moisture and allow the car to start..

Keep a can of WD-40 in your kitchen cabinet over the stove. It is good for oven burns or any other type of burn. It takes the burned feeling away and heals with NO scarring. Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL!

WD-40 and Duct tape were the most important items in the toolbox for 12 years of running the MX circuit for me!

:bolt

while WD-40 is the magic elixir, this is an urban legend.

you mean to tell me that, as a kid, you never held a bic lighter up and sprayed WD-40 into the flame?

:ha

ian

The real fun is when your coworker is arc-welding; stand behind him and squirt a bit into the arc and it ignites in a little fireball. A steady old pro won't jump back so shocked, but will automatically flip open his visor, grab his brush, and try to clean that mystery combustible off the metal a few times before he catches on.

Sorry Chuck:jester

Magic stuff that it is, don't use it to lube gun mechanisms unless you want gummy buildup! That can also apply to other similar machine parts. ATF is a great light lube for many purposes and no buildup.

...don't use it to lube gun mechanisms...kantuckid

I've been told by several professionals that they won't use it to lube anything.

My locksmith, a genius, is particularly adamant about not using it in locks.

WD-40 and Sprinkler Heads

I can't get enough of the stuff. I spray my sprinkler heads that won't go down. You have to spray them while they are up. Then, give it a hit with your foot. They snap right back down into hole. Works every time.

Starts Diesels!

Diesel motors love the WD40 shot down their intakes. Works, if you have a fuel issue and it won't start. A shot of WD40 down the intake and vroooom:). Old school...Diesels only! Absolutely not combustable in a gas motor. The really high compressed Diesels(all) are the exception:). Randy

Speaking of duct tape-I bought some of the Gorilla brand "premium" tape and find it/the fabric, to be heavier but not as good overall as the regular gray variety.

WD-40 is stoddard solvent based. Stoddard solvent is a distillate, in the same vein as kersosene or mineral spirits.

Back