• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

VIDEO : Comparing My '20 RT To My '23

So why the upgrade ? Which one you like better ?
Mike

I like them both, but I won't keep any vehicle after the warranty is up, as fixing all the modern gadgets they pack on vehicles will be costly. The GPS is better on the "20 RT, as you never need a cell phone tower no matter where you are. I also like the old school gauges, but I'm sure after I get used to the TFT, I'll like it too. I only have 200 miles on the "23, so I need more seat time, but it's good too, minus for the terrible XM and AM antennas that need to be replaced.

Steve

I have a friend who only leases cars now for that same reason.

It's sad, but true. Years from now all the current technology will be so outdated and you won't be able to keep a retro (Now current) bike running with all the computer bugs and fixes that no longer exist.

Steve

I like them both, but I won't keep any vehicle after the warranty is up, as fixing all the modern gadgets they pack on vehicles will be costly. The GPS is better on the "20 RT, as you never need a cell phone tower no matter where you are. I also like the old school gauges, but I'm sure after I get used to the TFT, I'll like it too. I only have 200 miles on the "23, so I need more seat time, but it's good too, minus for the terrible XM and AM antennas that need to be replaced.

Steve

FWIW the BMW extended warranty is pretty reasonably priced (at least it was a couple months ago) and will extend the new vehicle warranty up to seven years.

I have no concerns keeping bikes or vehicles well past the warranty period. I've had few issues with any that would come even close to the cost of continual upgrading.

One of the reasons I'm upgrading my 08 K1200GT to a 23 RT (which just arrived at the dealership) is to get the tech features that it has (though I'm unsure on the GPS via phone). I've become used to some of those with my 19 F850GSA and look forward to the same tech on the new RT. Plus, I've had the GT for 12 years and I'm just ready for a refresh. I expect to keep the RT at least as long.

I have no concerns keeping bikes or vehicles well past the warranty period. I've had few issues with any that would come even close to the cost of continual upgrading.

One of the reasons I'm upgrading my 08 K1200GT to a 23 RT (which just arrived at the dealership) is to get the tech features that it has (though I'm unsure on the GPS via phone). I've become used to some of those with my 19 F850GSA and look forward to the same tech on the new RT. Plus, I've had the GT for 12 years and I'm just ready for a refresh. I expect to keep the RT at least as long.

I hope you like it. I'm not so sure about the ACC distance for following a car. At the farthest setting it seems still too close. Here in Arizona with speeds posted up to 75MPH, it's just a little bit too close for comfort, my two cents.

Steve

I certainly go along with this as in 100% at least the first paragraph not so much the second. These whistles and bells on cars but especially on motorcycles make me sick! If you can't drive or ride a motorcycle safely without them maybe you should just walk, seriously. Although walking these days can also be hazardous to your health. I know comments like this kind of date me but oh well I'd rather be dated than fall for what I view as nothing more than gimmicks designed to make you think you just simply can't live without them. Bull, just watch me!

:jawdrop

History repeating itself :::::

My 2020 R1250RT was towed to the dealer, in 2020, for the leaking Hayes calipers, and now my 2023 R1250RT getting towed to the dealer for left side handlebar switch gremlins. CRAZY !!!!!

"Meet the new boss, ------------ Same as the old boss, ------------- We don't get fooled again"

Steve

Back